+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Cute/Pretty/Beautiful

143 is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag

Cute/Pretty/Beautiful

Is there a difference? And what makes one cute or pretty or beautiful?

Lately, I've been getting compliments more often than I used to (more often by my guy friends) and they'd either be "You're so cute!" or "You're pretty/beautiful." The more often one being "You're cute!" I don't know what it is that's triggering these because I'm just acting the way I normally would any other day. In fact even just sitting down or standing would earn me those comments. Recently I've been getting more attention than I did a month or so back and just today two guys just came up and hugged me while I just stood there.
    Google doesn't have the answer to all your questions unfortunately.

Just another way to rate how attractive you find someone. Levels of attractiveness. To me cute is the more innocent compliment, pretty is more flattering and beautiful someone is very attracted to you. Then I think you go Hot and then they probably just want to sleep with you. Lots of people in love will say their gf's are beautiful too. Not a guy so my POV could be very different.

I think either way there hitting on you..

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

To me there are a few levels

cute - pretty - beautiful - sexy

Sexy to me is beautiful + confident+ intelligent. At least thats the kind of women I find sexy.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaCooln View Post
    To me there are a few levels

cute - pretty - beautiful - sexy

Sexy to me is beautiful + confident+ intelligent. At least thats the kind of women I find sexy.
    corrextrion--your definition of "Sexy" is what is commonly called "smexy". lol

Here is how I see it : Those are three descriptive compliments that I could give a girl. To me they all have the same meaning but because I don't want to constantly use the same compliment I will switch it up.

Quote Originally Posted by 143 View Post
    Is there a difference? And what makes one cute or pretty or beautiful?

Lately, I've been getting compliments more often than I used to (more often by my guy friends) and they'd either be "You're so cute!" or "You're pretty/beautiful." The more often one being "You're cute!" I don't know what it is that's triggering these because I'm just acting the way I normally would any other day. In fact even just sitting down or standing would earn me those comments. Recently I've been getting more attention than I did a month or so back and just today two guys just came up and hugged me while I just stood there.
    Differs from guy to guy. For me, it's a function of intelligence/career, appearance (body and attire), sense of humor.

Sexy is over the top body, whether it be a slim frame with round assets or just a perfectly curvy, healthy type. Career/intelligence take a backseat. For super sexy girl, I'd kind of like if they were dependent on me. Attire is trendy and high class, maybe even to the point of pretentious.

Beautiful is looks and brains to me. A girl who I enjoy looking at as much as I enjoy laughing with and engaging in stimulating conversation. By far my favorite type of girl. When I pick a girl up from work and she's in her dress attire, happy, ready for a drink/dinner, talkative and funny. That's beauty to me. I've found beautiful/gorgeous are usually the adjective girls find most flattering as well.

Cute is relaxed and comfortable. Intelligence takes a bit of a backseat. Body is usually not overly slim. Facial features are less prominent. Sense of humor is a big part of cuteness to me. I only enjoy cuteness in certain situations, like a lazy Sunday. Cuteness gets boring after a while. Some guys want nothing more than it.

A girl can be one or more of these things, even at the same time (except body composition obviously).

****, re-reading that makes me feel like such a sap.

cute is more of sees you like a sister or a sweet nice girl, imo. if really into someone you call them beautiful, or gorgeous, stunning, sexy or hot.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

cute is emotion, beautifull is visual