+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do women cry after sex?

Why do women cry after sex?

Yesterday, myself and my partner had sex for the first time in a few weeks (things have been messy with us), and I had a very strange experience. I cried at the start, during, and after the sex. (he cried at the start too).

I've heard of women crying after sex before, but I've literally never had this experience (I'm 32, and have had serious relationships before). Has this happened to any of you ladies (or men) before, and if so, can you share the experience and your understanding of why it happened?

its probably just emotional, i wouldn't put too much thought into it

Weak nerves leads to tears.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Happened once after a big fight. We rarely ever fight so just emotional.. dont worry too much about it..

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

My wife back when we first started dating would cry after sex because we had a strong connection. She experienced a huge emotional release while making love that had to let it out and it was in the form of crying. We discussed it and she was unsure why it was happening other than she felt such strong emotion and had to cry. It was not that the sex was bad or she did not like me.

She was not very experienced with men previously and we shared something that she had never felt before and it was overwhelming.
    Variety is the spice of life! Work on your relationship every single day and you will be rewarded greatly. Visit www.revupyourrelationship.com for advice

With my first partner, I used to cry almost every time after sex, but it was because I didn't want to do it and he would pressure me into it. So I felt used and violated and I would cry because of that.

With my second partner, towards the end of our relationship I would sometimes cry after sex because by that time I was in love with another guy (my best friend), so I felt guilty for feeling that way and still having sex with my boyfriend, who had no clue what was going on in my mind.

With my current partner (the best friend I mentioned before), it almost never happens. When it does happen it's when we feel more emotionally connected. A strong emotional energy builds up inside of me during sex and when it's over I can't help but letting go and releasing it all. As I said, it happens very rarely. I don't particularly enjoy it, but it's not a big deal either. They aren't tears of pain, just tears of "release"... it's almost physiological.
    Last edited by searock; 07-12-13 at 04:55 AM.

maybe you both were happy to be that close again, felt loved by the other. idk, never cried, or had anyone cry.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

Quote Originally Posted by Dr-Love View Post
    its probably just emotional, i wouldn't put too much thought into it
    Gosh, who'd have thought that crying might be something to do with emotions. No shit Sherlock. Any other pearls of wisdom you'd like to share with the rest of us poor saps here?

I've never had a woman cry after I've shagged her. But then I like to think I'm pretty good at shagging so why would she cry?

Her crying is a good thing my friend!

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb2 View Post
    Her crying is a good thing my friend!
    Not necessarily as you've seen by Sea's post and the Op's herself. She cries after sex with a guy that she's had some piss poor relations with. I think if you're crying after sex, then there is an underlying reason why you are... and a good orgasm (or more) isn't neccessarily the reason.

In my 36 years of marriage I cried once after sex and that was because I was going into hospital the next day and I thought it would be the last time I'd be making love with my other half. Not such a good thing, really and it scared the bajeezus outta my guy.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I have never cried after sex, I'm guessing maybe since it was her first time she freaked out?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    So I felt used and violated and I would cry because of that.
    Yes, and completely disconnected.

I don't think crying during sex is a good thing. As for me, when I REALLY enjoy it, I laugh, never cry.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    Gosh, who'd have thought that crying might be something to do with emotions. No shit Sherlock. Any other pearls of wisdom you'd like to share with the rest of us poor saps here?
    Lmao hahahahaha. Shit was funny.

I never cried, I have giggled and laughed, but never teared up from crying. Ask her why she cried.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast