+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What do I do?

What do I do?

I really like this girl and we have been good friends for a while. On the outside she appears really confident. At a party we got off and I said I like her more than just some party thing. She kept saying how I was too good for her and how she thinks if we go out she'll mess it up. We then had a long deep conversation, she was talking about her insecurities and how she's not good enough. We were talking for hours - every now and again we would kiss. She then said that she was talking to her best friend about how we would invariably go out at some point. I'm getting confused because of all the mixed messages. Anyway I asked her if she wanted to go on a date next week and see how it goes. She agreed but said she would probably feel bad and bottle it. :L I like her so much but she seems so insecure in herself. I really want to go out with her but she says she'll mess it up. I just don't know what to do - what do I do? - sorry for the epic essay. (btw we're both in the first year of 6th form - but only 15) Thanks to anyone who goes out of there way to read and help

What you should do, is go out with her on that date and see how it goes. If she's that kind of person you will have to accept it if you'll want to be together with her. She will always be like this, she will always be insecure and you will always have to cheer her up and reassure her. Is that something you're willing to take on?

Go on your date with her. Show her a good time. Then see if her opinion changes. If she is still saying the same lines after your, hopefully successful, date then I'd suggest moving on.

The problem is we were really good friends in the past but I liked her more than friends, I tried so hard to get over her but yet here I am over a year later.

Make her feel good about her self. take her to dates where she can excell and show you her talents.
    Admire her talents and give her a hug.

Say you are serious and that you think of her everyday and all day long!