+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: She says I'm too good for her?

She says I'm too good for her?

I really like this girl and we have been good friends for a while. On the outside she appears really confident. At a party we got off and I said I like her more than just some party thing. She kept saying how I was too good for her and how she thinks if we go out she'll mess it up. We then had a long deep conversation, she was talking about her insecurities and how she's not good enough. We were talking for hours - every now and again we would kiss. She then said that she was talking to her best friend about how we would invariably go out at some point. I'm getting confused because of all the mixed messages. Anyway I asked her if she wanted to go on a date next week and see how it goes. She agreed but said she would probably feel bad and bottle it. :L I like her so much but she seems so insecure in herself. I really want to go out with her but she says she'll mess it up. I just don't know what to do - what do I do? - sorry for the epic essay. (btw we're both in the first year of 6th form - but only 15) Thanks to anyone who goes out of there way to read and help

Maybe she dont like you that much so she wants to push you away by saying how bad she is.

However you realy might be too good for her. Just keep it cool or you gona push her away by how easy and available you are. Now realise that you seeing the best side of her while she are her worst critics. If so then compliment her time to time. Young girls are ussualy insecure about their looks so complimenting it and proving with touches will do a huge thing for her confidence. Also ask her if she likes you.

Dont take too seriously what she says. Thats the ussualy mistake of guys. Cause as you will notice her thoughts changes every second. Its realy all about moment and these short lived feelings. Make sure you get from her what you want, take the best of her and by doing so you both will feel great aslong as you are confident and like what you do she will feel the same.

Check this out

loveforum.net/threads/85674-Guide-on-interacting-with-girls
    Last edited by pcmaster; 09-12-13 at 06:57 AM.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

When someone says you're too good for them, it is usually a good idea to take their word for it.

Seems you're ready to be in some kind of romantic relationship at 15 be she isn't quite up to your speed yet. If you're going to push her into this then I suggest you take things slow until she can trust not only you, but herself as well. I don't think she's insecure within, I think her gut is trying to tell her something.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

She knows I like her, then she makes a move and we kiss and have 3 hour conversations in bed. - this happened like 8 months ago. I tried so hard to get over her but I just can't. Also from the way she spoke I do think she is secretly really insecure.

Then theres diferent guide for you

http://www.loveforum.net/threads/856...l-with-breakup

Also before you want someone fell in love with you you have to kind of fell in love with yourself first.

Watched this video today and it makes lot of sense in your situation.

Pay close attention what she says from 3:40 till 3:55

Last edited by pcmaster; 09-12-13 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 16uk View Post
    She knows I like her, then she makes a move and we kiss and have 3 hour conversations in bed. - this happened like 8 months ago. I tried so hard to get over her but I just can't. Also from the way she spoke I do think she is secretly really insecure.
    You really should stay out of the bed of a girl you actually want for more then just a friend until after she's shown you in actions that she wants you for more then just a friend. When you share a bed with a girl that hasn't yet had sex with you then you are just her live cuddly bear who she will continue to snuggle with but it certainly won't aliviate any confusion as to where you stand or where she wants to take this past the live cuddly teddy bear stage.

After you've had sex and you've established that SHE wants you for more then a male girlfriend or a teddy bear, you can get in beside her and cuddle all ya want then... doint it in the right order alleviates any confusion as to how she feels and how she view you.

She's too young to be doing anything with you so back off and don't be her male girlfriend. It will be hard but it will also be in your own best interests if she doesn't take it for granted that you'll always be chasing her so she doesn't have to change a thing.

Even though it feels nice to be in her bed and cuddling (by her I mean any girl in the future not just this one) it is in your better interests to forego the instant gratification of an ambiguous cuddle from a girl who you haven't yet established if she has a sexually attraction to you.

This bs of having opposite sex friends has blurred the lines to the point that platonic cuddling in bed is something you don't want to get into the habit of getting involved with.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

This girl is trying to make you convince her that she's wrong and she is worth fighting for. She want you to prove that you want her, but in more grand gestures to boost her ego. This is the only way to date a girl like this, but it will be a rocky road. It will not be a pleasant relationship. Your choice.

Thanks to everyone for responding, I'll see if this 'date' happens... I'll just play it cool, misread her completely and **** it up. Might as well be honest...

At your age man (15-16) you can find another atractive girl, spend with her 8 hours and get her more attracted to you than this girl you spend 8 months in your mind with. This girl wasnt worth thinking about more than few weeks. I dont think she was shy. She kissed you first and spend time in bed with ya. Thats not shyness. Shes just not that much attracted to you to do it again(saying that you was too good makes sense cause she cant respond with same interest). Expierience was something new for you but this girl seems expierienced. Naturaly you want that validation back and life when theres girl by your side but in the end this girl were much less special than you thought. Yes she was good because she was the best in the world. In very tiny world. Once you let more girls inside this world you will realise how wrong you was thinking this girl was somewhat better than others.

What you can learn from this girl is - being shameles and making first move breaks the barrier and makes progress.
    Last edited by pcmaster; 09-12-13 at 09:49 AM.

Thanks man, I'll take than on board.

This was amazing. I will even subscribe to her youtube channel

Just a follow up for anyone remotely interested, she basically friendzoned me with the reason we'll be too good a couple and were such good friends for it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by dem862 View Post
    When someone says you're too good for them, it is usually a good idea to take their word for it.
    Haha.^^^this. More then likely it's the truth. Move on.

Thats very good actually. She might let you try be her BF but you would just get carried away in dream world without her and then she would ignore you. Good that she didnt lead you on and let you suffer even more afterwards. Some girls are just lesbians - thats the way it is. She can be friend and you might turn to her for support or advice but for GF theres much better girls out there. What I mean theres girls who have same little expierience as you and giving them little attention would be a huge thing for them and basicaly easy to get lovely girls.

Time was not wasted here. You didnt invest in girl whos not worth it. In the end you had the interest but she didnt had what you need. You might hang out with her later as friends and she could indroduce you to her friends who are girls. You see where this is going ^_-.
    Last edited by pcmaster; 10-12-13 at 09:13 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast