+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Need some support LF friends

Sorry I am seeing this so late into the game. As result, I didn't have time to read through all of the other responses. But, I did want to at least just offer my support. I definitely know how you feel with a lot of what you are going through. Searching for a job can really suck. You can send your resume to about a million job postings that might as well be descriving your resume and you are still lucky if you even so much as hear from two. Just stick in there. Eventually the right job will come along. Unfortunately, that is the nature of the job search. You just gotta keep plugging away. It is almost a numbers game.

Sorry, as well, to hear about your family. It is so frustrating how sometimes the people who are supposed to be there for you the most only wind up being the biggest disappointments. It is times like that when you just have to hang on to the people in life who are actually good to you. More often than not, that is friends. I wish I could help more, but me just being some random name on a messageboard, I know I can't really do much.

From seeing you on these boards, though, you seem like good peeps. Though, being a good person doesn't always mean good things happen, eventually life does find a way to balance out. Good luck. I hope your balance is tipped more towards the awesome very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    my interview went awful today guys. He looked at my cv, asked me 2-3 qs and said I dont have the experience they are looking for.
    New CV or old one?
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

New CV cerby but it wasnt the cv. He told me im doing everything right-impeccably presented, nice person, good cv, good experience etc but they are looking for someone who has managed a team of at least 7 people.. he also said i come across as too nice, shy, quiet etc. They are looking for ruthless people. Im beginning to doubt whether retail is for me coz i am nice. I dont want to be a bitch. Ive worked for horrible managers and swore id always treat people with respect and dignity. That doesnt mean im a pushover-im not. People have described me as a fecking rotweiler. Im like a dog with a bone when im passionate about something. But im not passionate about treating people like complete dirt. This is the wrong company for me
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Thanks eviljester ill just keep ploughing on bulldozer style

Remember that kindness isn't synonymous with weakness. You can still be a cut-throat manager while treating people with respect. They key is to get your team to buy in to your ideas. A strong, methodical leader will always gain respect over a leader who tries to please everyone. It just can't be done.

Give respect, get respect. Align the team to this belief and everyone will be happy and productive.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Thanks. I've decided to give myself a break until after Christmas. I just have too much on right now. Im in the middle of moving house and its making jobs/interviews overwhelming. Im going to try and relax until the end of December and I will get stuck back in then

As difficult as it may be, having an interview not go well, or even one that goes well but you don't get the job anyway... it is best just to look at it as more practice and an excuse to improve even that much more. Heck, we all get a little rusty after not being on the job search for a while. Stinks about your recent interview, though. Begs the question why did this nimrod bother to waste your time if he was just going to look at your resume, ask a couple questions, then send you packing without even a chance? Couldn't he have reviewed your resume before wasting your time? Honestly, you are probably better off not at a company that would pull that kind of crap anyways. But, I know that can be hard to believe when you are looking for something. Good luck. The right job will eventually come along. Hope your mini-break gives you some much needed R&R.

I think he could have been testing me.. maybe he wanted me to fight and say well i dont have the exp but have the skills and qualities or something.. i dont know. The competition made me nervous. All older, way more experienced and i just lost my confidence. I was ready for it until i walked through the door but crap happens. Just proves im not ready and i need more experience before i go for managers job and im only 24 so i need to stop rushing to the finishing line.

Still though i was pissed that he didnt think managing a business since i was 21 counts for anything. Just coz i wasnt managing staff! I think he underestimated me and all i can do now is prove him wrong

Basicaly it looked like a test to me too. Maybe guy wanted you to fight for yourself, not to be put down by few words and to prove that you are way more richer and deeper personality that you showed him from begining. Better luck next time. I wish you a little more of luck this time !

Best revenge is sucsess.
    Last edited by pcmaster; 19-12-13 at 08:21 AM.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234