+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chemistry

Chemistry

People talk about it a lot, but what does it mean to you? Can you describe it? Have you felt it with many people?

Personally I've only felt it with a handful of guys, and for me it's a magic in the intimacy that goes beyond sexual attraction.

Does "chemistry" have the same meaning for guys and girls?

Chemistry basically just means your biologically compatable meaning youd likely have healthy babies together. Apparently its all in the kiss.. it will either seal the relationship or break it..

Have you ever had a crush on someone for awhile and thought youd be great together and then you kiss and just change your mind? like just gurn off him all of a sudden? Happened to me.. meaning were not a good match physically
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Obviously before I had this scientific info-i thought it was just a spark between you where you just click and it feels right

Ill add that birth control changes your smell, taste etc so it could draw you towards the wrong person or draw the wrong person towards you..

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    Chemistry basically just means your biologically compatable meaning youd likely have healthy babies together. Apparently its all in the kiss.. it will either seal the relationship or break it..

Have you ever had a crush on someone for awhile and thought youd be great together and then you kiss and just change your mind? like just gurn off him all of a sudden? Happened to me.. meaning were not a good match physically
    This exactly happened to me too...

What was confusing was that, for the guy, the kiss was right. How can two people have two such different experiences?

It's funny that you bring this up...I was just thinking about it.

With me, I've gone on a number of dates with guys and had my share of fun with them. But I only felt chemistry with one rarely, and I guess that's because I feel that chemistry is both in how you get along and hold conversation but also physical in the general feeling you have when you're cuddling, kissing, etc etc...

For me, with a lot of guys, it could be that I found them physically attractive and felt good kissing them....and with some I was able to talk and talk like old friends. But then came the cuddling; the cuddling really broke that for me. I could cuddle with a few guys, and it just wouldn't feel right. I would try and try to get comfortable in their arms, but they didn't feel warm enough. Or, they just weren't comfortable for me at all.

So, that's why if I find a guy like Dave, the one I'm currently dating, it means so much to me because it's the one of the rare occasions where every bit of it just feels right. In short, for me, it's just physical and emotional.

Quote Originally Posted by violet11 View Post
    This exactly happened to me too...

What was confusing was that, for the guy, the kiss was right. How can two people have two such different experiences?
    I have no idea. Maybe some people want it to work so bad that they ignore the unsatisfactory feeling. Many people have no sexual chemistry or physical attraction and still stay together for years.. were humans-most of us dont just go on instincts anymore which is a good thing in a lot of ways but its hard to ignore that chemistry when it is present

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    I have no idea. Maybe some people want it to work so bad that they ignore the unsatisfactory feeling. Many people have no sexual chemistry or physical attraction and still stay together for years.. were humans-most of us dont just go on instincts anymore which is a good thing in a lot of ways but its hard to ignore that chemistry when it is present
    Good answer

I'd describe chemistry as mutual sexual attraction. It's like a bolt of electricity linking us and trying to make us shag. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

The concept is not clear to me. I simply think as you think.

It's a combination of things...like certain physical factors that spikes our interest, a way a person moves, pheromones**, how they interact with you, having lots in common, sex appeal, a release of oxytocin.. And yes it's just to make us shag each other to insure our species continues.

Disney films, the media and hollywood films have really f**ked up like 90% of people IMO.. so many people dont know the difference between infatuation and love. Thats why 80% of marriages fail if you ask me

I asked my bf the other day does he believe in soul mates and he said yes.. this really worried me at first until he said soul mates mate for life. Your my soul mate..

But normally people think their soul mate is their new emotional affair partner that they are infatuated by

You can have more than one soul mate....so there are lots of choices out there.

I dont believe in soul mates. Theres loads of people you could be great with but i dont suffer from greener grass syndrome. I understand relationships take work and I wana make this one work

Chemistry to me is when I can have an engaging conversation with him and is sexually attracted to him. I have never felt any change in chemistry due to a kiss though.
    A strong woman takes advantage of help she can get from people around her but she doesn't rely on them for anything

She uses logic and manages her emotions

She offers help either because it is a business transaction or out of kindness. It is never because she hopes others will return the favour or out of fear of losing them

She has her own mind and thinks for herself and knows that she has to be the one who bears the consequences of her decisions

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast