+ Follow This Topic

Thread: i am really confused at to where i stand with this guy i like/have had history with?

i am really confused at to where i stand with this guy i like/have had history with?

basically i started uni in september and liked this guy ryan, in about november i found out he liked me too, we started a relationship but it only lasted a week due to other peoples involvement and them making it awkward and we decided to try and go back to being friends, which didn't really work as we just seemed to ignore each other and now we never text at all (it all ended about two weeks ago)

i didn't speak/see him for a few days after we decided to stay friends, but our friends were all going to his gig that Thursday so i decided to go to start the step to becoming friends, it was fine, we talked to each other and it was nice.

the next night we all went out and it was fine, we talked, not quite how we did but it was getting there! however i did notice he was talking to other girls while looking at me the whole time and i am not sure why? later my friend hollie told me that ryan had tried to sleep with her the night before, i was a bit hurt by this to be honest because even though our relationship only lasted a week, i still did like him and i felt worthless, i stupidly sent him a text accusing him of it all and i then felt bad so the next day i apologized and said i wouldn't text him until he wanted to talk to me.

this Friday night, the last night before our three week Christmas break we all went out we ended up going to a club we both really hated, in the queue we were making awkward small talk not ignoring each other.

when we got in i spoke to one of my friends and asked if they wanted to go somewhere else, we invited ryan and two others. when we left he started to talk to me more, we had banter, he made jokes.

when we got in he basically acted towards me like nothing had happened. one of the other guys nick started to talk to me but then he told me that ryan obviously liked me/do we have history.

when dancing ryan would put his arms on my waist, or around me if i was facing the other way, he would hold my face often and act how he did when i didn't know he liked me, he was a bit drunk, we all were, i don't know if that has anything to do with it?

me and ryan got left on our own while the others got drinks, we kept dancing and he then kissed me, and i didn't know how to react, i was confused because we weren't together and i had convinced myself i was over him because he wanted to be friends? (he did it again too)

when we left we kept up with our banter, we shared my coat which we used to do.on the way back he said to me 'nick was tying to get with you, but you didn't seem interested haha... unless you do like him?' i told him i didn't.

when we got back he let me put my feet on his lap, which he always used to do. he kept taking the mick out of me and laughing at me and he kept tickling me too.

when he went to leave, because it was the last time i would see him for three weeks he stood over me and hugged me for longer that a friendly hug.(i was laying down)

i am now really confused because i still do like him and i don't know if he kissed me because he was drunk or if he still likes me too i am selfishly worried that if he did still like me that he would forget about it/get over me over our three week Christmas break? he doesn't text me anymore though and i said i wouldn't text him first i can't stop thinking. should i move on or wait and see what happens

Seems to me like he started paying more attention to you once he knew another guy was on the prowl.

Maybe use that to your advantage? If he sees you being more friendly with other guys maybe he will realize he wants you to be with him and he could ask you out on a date?

I don't know whether he "likes" you or he doesn't... only he knows that. What I do know is that if you really like this boy and want to be more then someone he does without commitment, then don't let him set you up as "someone he does without commitment."

The only thing he's shown you is that he'll do you if you allow it. That doesn't mean he wants to be with you and you alone, nor does it mean that he wants commitment. I suggest if you are confused, then next time he comes onto you that you ask him what he's doing if he only wants to be friends. Let him talk and still don't do him unless he tells you he wants to be your boyfriend where you'll both be exclusive to one another. Even then, keep your emotions close to your chest until he tells you in his actions that he values you as much out of the bed and he does in it.

Unless of course: You're only looking for NSA sex with him, then by all means, its yours. Oh, wait, you can't have No Strings Attached sex when you're already connected by a string (your feelings for him).
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion