+ Follow This Topic

Thread: friends, gossip and jealousy issues

friends, gossip and jealousy issues

Hi forum

I am getting married in May of next year. I am under a lot of stress because planning a wedding is a lot of hard work. I have a wedding planner but I still have to be on top of things to ensure everything is running smooth. The biggest issue was my bridesmaids. There are so many attitudes and personalities and I have to constantly stay on top of them about making sure their dresses still fit, showing up to appointments on time and they bicker with one smother. Luckily, I was able to snap them into reality by reminding them that this was my special day. Everyone apologized and I was able to put bridezilla to rest.

My biggest problem is with my best friend. I am about to fall out with her because I feel in my heart she is not happy for me. She has went around telling mutual friends of ours that I'm rushing marriage because my fiance is controlling and that's why I don't go out with her anymore. Already told her that my priorities are different now so I can't hang out with her every weekend. Worst of all, she mentioned to someone that she know that I am not over my ex. That is definitely untrue. I had a heart to heart talk with her and she said she never experienced being engaged before so she couldn't be that happy for me, plus she is going through a bad break up. She's no longer in my wedding because I told her if she wasn't emotionally available then I understood and she didn't have to be in it. She told everyone that I kicked her out of my wedding. She also said that the way my fiance proposed to me was lame because it was on mother days. She said I wasn't a mother. I may not be a mother yet but he has a 8 year old son and I took him out of town with me because my fiance was sick that day. That is my son, maybe not in the natural but I love that boy as if he was my own. His real mom even said that she genuinely likes me because she doesn't worry about her son when he's in my care. My fiance proposed to me later that evening when I got back home because he said he realized how special I was and he didn't want to wait another day to ask. I'm very simple, so to me, it was very special. Im considering cutting my friendship off with her. My fiance and I canceled our date one day just to help her move in her apartment because she was desperate. We helped her all day. I have done so much for this girl and I feel done with her. She's mad because she dated this guy for 7 years and he never even took her on a date. He used her basically and she allowed it. Around the time I got engaged, she found out he had a girl pregnant and had cut her off completely to be with the pregnant girl who he known for six months.

I do understand this was a tragedy to her but I have always been there for her and it hurts that she isn't truly happy for me. My family and friends say forget about her but it's tough. I can't deal with the jealousy. Does anyone understand what I'm going through? How do you get past friends with jealousy? Any similar stories that can help me?

Well when ever we progress in life friends are those who want hold us back. Because when you change it just shows lack of change in their lifes. They not comfortable with it because they would have to progress too just to feel comfortable near you.

Going thru breakup is not easy and she might see your fairy tail life disqusting compared to her reality wheres lots of pain. So if you want make her feel happy breakup too. This will make her see that her reality is actualy the true one and that other people are in pain just like her.

Good that you staying away from negative people. One day your friend will be happy too. Althought its sounds like she was regular whore for free to a guy who didnt cared for her. Maybe she had issuses if this was going on for so many years. You could help her with finding a therapy for unlucky girl and say once shes able to bring positive attitude she is welcomed to wedding.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

I'm sorry your friend is being awful & that it ruined your friendship. With all that is going on WP, you have to let her go for now. Invite her to the wedding & the shower & whatever else is going on but leave her to walk her own path. She's jealous.

I was a bit disappointed when my friends weren't as excited about my wedding as I was but the world doesn't stop because one person is getting married.