+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is your life awwesome? Why so?

Is your life awwesome? Why so?

My prepay cell phone is getting too small for how much I text, talk, make plans to meet friends.
    Tomorrow I work at the butt crack of dawn, thereby getting the day over with.
    Finally got my car fixed and it runs like a dream again.
    For the first time in years I am developing a solid social life.
    I have a friend/lover who I am possibly developing a relationship with.
    My closet contains a wardrobe so chic that I am jealous of myself.
    My life belongs to ME now.

Most important - for years I suffered a lot of insecurity. My style sometimes gains laughs from the jackasses of society but hardly a day goes by when I do not get compliments on my looks or style. These days, the world is my stage.

Congratulations, Erin.

For me, my life isn't all around awesome, but I'm happy and content with what I have in my life. I have a man who loves me and would do anything to make me happy (and that I would do anything to make happy and love more than anything). I'm done with my first semester of college, free of a bunch of asshats who were pulling me down, and I kinda connected a little more with my mother.

Yes, I lost a few writers I really looked up to and my PopPop (who was probably the greatest man I've ever known in my entire life), but I'm doing alright. I see my therapist when I can, reassure myself to battle my insecurities, and go to sleep to dream about being in Dave's loving arms again.

No not at all, rather leading a boring, dull life.

It is, I'm a late 20s guy who owns a house, two new cars, have a great girlfriend, great job, and slowly but surely working my way towards my degree. I earned everything myself and am proud of it. Next year I'll be running my first full marathon, and this comes from a guy who was 50lbs heavier only 3 years ago.

Aside from a little student debt, life couldn't be better.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Thinking soon I need to get over to my two best friends' place. A married couple who have been TRUE friends for years.

My life is truly awesome.

After two decades of it not working out for various reasons, I'm married to my best friend.

We have loads of debts, limited income, no assets and a murky future... but:

We laugh every day.

I feel loved every day.

She feels loved every day.

I (we) have only one regret, that we never had the chance to have kids together... we would've made beautiful, brilliant and weird babies. Perhaps the world just isn't ready for them...

But - life is good.

Two sweet jobs, only one of which I have to show up to.

Boss doesn't care that I smoke mad herb.

I live in Colorado.

For right now, yeah I actually have to say my life is pretty awesome. I went through a pretty tough time for a couple reasons late last year and early this year. In particular, there were two things that seemed bad on the surface that turned out to be unbelievably good in the long run. I ended a long-term relationship that was very bad for me and should have been ended a long time ago. In doing that, I've really been re-discovering myself, and changing in ways I NEVER thought possible. I've lived my whole life being extremely shy, and having basically no self-esteem. I got into a relationship and sort of thought those days were over. And, in fairness, being in a relationship did improve me a bit. But, funny enough, the relationship going bad and me finally realizing I deserved better actually improved it even more so.

For the first time in my life, I find myself ready to get over my shyness... especially around women. For the first time in my life, I am looking around and seeing myself through other people's eyes. It is making me realizing I can't be as bad a guy, or as worthless as I have always felt I was my whole life if so many people around me think so highly of me. I've even thrown myself a little more into a new group of friends (as well as some old and life-time friends) and even met new friends along the way. All of them have so greatly enriched my life, and it has helped me really come out of my shell like I never thought possible.

At a time when I should have been my most miserable, I've just been becoming more and more happy. The other big thing was the loss of a crappy job I'd been trying to get out of for a while anyway, and landing an AMAZING new job that has been going well and, knock wood, I hope will finally be the job/company that I have been looking for for a long time. I've been so happy that I've finally started looking into something I have wanted to do all my life, which is to do some volunteer work here and there. Overall, my 2013 has been pretty awesome, and I cannot wait to see what 2014 will bring me.

Yep TEJ, that sounds pretty awesome.

I have a great life and it's great because I made it that way.

I am the most fit I have ever been in my life and this has helped boost my confidence through the roof. Years of not spending every penny I have earned has now allowed me to rest on a huge nest egg that allows me to do whatever I please. I own two vehicles which I am very fond of. I work in a job which I enjoy and will help me with my plans for the future. I live in my own apartment which I thoroughly enjoy.

And the best thing at the moment was for my birthday the world gave me a gift in the form of a woman. What I really mean is basically two days after my birthday I met a new girl at work and we had an instant connection. A month later we've been on three fantastic dates that keep getting better. There is something about her that drives me to pursue her and everything is working out great.

Yay life.