+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: What the f**k

Even gentle Violet is starting to have some edge lol.

We actually scared away a few newer regulars this year due to the bad and negative advice given on this forum. Honestly, we could do with a little "cleanup" in order to bring back some high quality posts and posters. This forum has seen less and less posts over the past couple of years because most threads go like this:

OP) Hey everyone, I'm not good with relationships and need advice...
    Reply) You're a cunt bitch slut who should die
    Reply) He should dump you or you him because you don't respect each other
    Reply) You're co-dependant and don't understand relationships (usually the reason the OP was here in the first place)
    OP Reply) Ok, what can I do to make it better?
    Reply) YOU CAN'T, YOU SUCK AT LIFE, EAT A DICK

This is a brief summary of how I see some newbies get treated around here.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Hahah Cerby you made me LOL XD... that is so true, especially the first reply. The second reply is also often true but usually correct though, and it's actually helpful advice. People that come here asking for advice are in unhealthy relationship most of the times (not always).

The advice is correct usually, the presentation rarely is. Most replies here lack empathy, which is required when communication someone who is in need of emotional help. This is why michelle was banned from another forum, her advice MAY have been sound, but her communication method was far from.

Don't get me wrong, we have some quality members here, but we also have some pretty crappy regulars. I wish I had been around the forum more the last 6 months, but life hasn't been supportive of having free time.

So far I've found these forums to be quite pleasant. I don't see an issue really.

At least his forum have what it takes to attract members like anastasis. I realy dont know any bad regulars. Thing is most people dont come here to waste time. But those who do sooner or later become good at it. Most promising members leave before becoming popular cause this forum becomes boring real fast for those who dont last.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Quote Originally Posted by Cerby View Post
    Some forums promote positive feedback only. Here we like to scare new posters away with a dose of reality. If all the offensive posters here were banned there would be no one left.
    You sound codependent. lolzzz
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

The only people I am not nice to are cheaters. I am empathetic with most people and I have been thanked and emailed personally thousands of times by newbies. Many email me for more advice (my inbox is full once a week) so I doubt I have scared anyone off this forum.
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Plus I havnt been on here much throughout august, september, november.. i had a new job and was busy.

Kinda been thinking about it lately. If I needed advise about females I would go to you Michelle. Cause you have a good view from female point of view and seems like you understand well how they function. Probably you have lot of girlfriends in all shapes and sizes whos coming to you for advice and every one of them have their own story attached to.

Ya my friends and family always come to me for advice. My dad calls me an agony aunt. My family call me "dear deirdre" as a joke. She answers the problems in the newspaper lol.. and they all say they dono where they got me from coz im so sensible. Sometimes my advice may be a little blunt or harsh but it comes from a good place. I have a big heart and my only motivation is to help. Sometimes tough love is better than a pat on the back.

Deidre is good, Michelle. Actually used to wach those videos on phone when I had Orange. Its like a British mini love forum lol, all those advices and options despite its actors in videos lol.

I wish my friends and relatives would come to me for advice too but I keep these powers in secret so they have no idea. Still at work I helped out some guys with this knowledge.

Do you find it diferent when giving advice to people that you know? Michelle is it easier to write or talk for you in process?

Its the same thing really. Its easier IRL coz they can see your body language and hear tone of voice so they know Im not being a b**ch lol. They never get defensive etc..

Yeah its nicer to get responses in life cause some people are realy open about and thankful.

Still for me its easier to read topic and take my time to come up with answer if needed. Guess with family its diferent cause you know whats going on before theres even a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by anastasis View Post
    So far I've found these forums to be quite pleasant. I don't see an issue really.
    Pulled this from one of your posts today Anastasis. Sounds like you're part of the problem. This was from a thread where some legit advice could have really helped out, and this was your contribution.

Quote Originally Posted by anastasis View Post
    Well, the problem sounds like that both of you are retarded.

Try getting married and practising for the next 30 to 40 years. There's bound to be some improvement.

I mean, when you're at rock bottom, there's no place left to go but up. So there's no harm in taking a whirl at it.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast