+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What should I do about her?

What should I do about her?

Theres a girl I really love, and I'm not sure what to do.

I fell for her immediately, and believe she got feelings for me shortly after. We've known each other since the 2nd grade and I can remember things she did over the years that looking back seem like indications that she liked me.

It took me years to finally make a move, and when I did it was a really cringe-worthy way. She was already seeing someone. I was disappointed, and wanted to show that I really cared to help my chances if they ever broke up, so I began going out of my way to talk to her for a while. She seemed to like it, and began coming around me a bit more.

After a little bit I stopped, and we haven't said much to each other since. We've had small talk here and there, but nothing like it was. I still think she cares, and she seems to get jealous whenever I come onto other girls.

I try to move past her, but it never works. The releationships I've been in never took off, and when going out to try and meet girls, I always get reminded of her. The most recent example of this was at a Christmas party about a week ago. There was a cute girl there with plastic antlers on, and she seemed nice. I was about to walk over to her, then I see her being mean to this little kid, and it makes me think of how the girl I love wouldn't do that and is really good with kids.

I've felt affection for other girls, but nothing like this. I truely love her, and feel that deep connection. Shes still with her boyfriend, and I don't want to steal her away. We see each other at chruch but I never have the chance anymore to talk to her anymore, and school is out for the next couple weeks, so I don't have much of a chance at the moment to talk to her. What should I do?

You need to respect the fact that she has a BF. As you have been doing, keep your eyes open for a girl who is available. It's OK that you didn't talk to the girl with the plastic antlers who was mean to kid. However, try not to compare all girls to the girl you like.

You need to stop obsessing over her....if she had feelings for you she wouldn't be with her present BF now would she. You truly don't know how she feels about you, well I say you are in the friends zone. She likes you on an emotional level but not in a romantic way so you are best to move on.

You will never met anyone if you keep obsessing about her...I'm sure many opportunities have passed you by already because of it, so push her out of your mind....stop with the fantasies too.