+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Kicked out of a friendship

Kicked out of a friendship

Last Sunday was the most depressing day of my life. There is this friend of mine (a girl) and we were very close friends. We had an argument on Saturday about going to a concert. She had other plans but I had already bought tickets to a concert so I was a little pissed. So we argued about it but it all ended fine. Then she calls me Sunday and says things like - "you have been irritating me too much nowadays." "i dont think we are compatible as friends." "you argued with me about a silly concert?" "i think i hang out with you too much" "you expect too much from your friends"

well...how much is too much with friends? to me friends mean as much as family, if not more. all i expected from her was to listen to my ranting about my other friends and issues with money/school etc. is that too much to ask for?

well..anyways, i used to talk to her everyday and meet her every other day but she hasnt called me in the past 4 days and i havent either. but im missing her terribly. what do i do??? (

All right dude, get yourself up, is this "friend" really worth it? To tell you the truth I put my money on that this is gonna work itself out in a week, week and a half max, but if it doesnt do you really think a person who would say to you "we are not compatible as friends" because you got into a silly argument is worth getting down over, i would say HELL NO! I dont know you very well but you seem like a really nice guy, dawg if that girl used to call herself your friend but is not mature enough to get over it then you should stop and think if shes worth the time and energy!

Try to call her and tell her what you said here, that it wasn't meant like that at all. If she doesn't wanna talk, give her a little time, and she might come back to you. Unless you've been somehow terribly inconsiderate towards her lately, and if you're as good friends as you say you are, then a little argument over a concert shouldn't matter much at all. A good friendship should easily withstand a petty disagreement. But there's more to it, isn't it? You fancy her?

Tone Guest
    LoL no kidding dude just ****in relax... is this your first friend you've ever had? Even friends get in fights some time - she'll probably cool off soon and you guys will be friends again.

@okibo: yeah..sometimes i feel if shes really worth it

@zeen: i did call her and try to make peace but she wouldnt listen to any of it. she just slammed the phone down. i guess i sorta fancy her but im not too sure of my feelings...or maybe she thinks i fancy her and wants to avoid me for that reason?

@tone: we have had lotsa fights but its never been this way - she basically said "get out of my life" .i guess im also to blame in a way..i used to call her too often

I lost my gal juct a couple days after a similar argument about a camping trip and we were a couple for 4+ years. Stop complaining and get on with it

Forget about her. At least for now. Harsh perhaps, but maybe you can get back to each other later. With this behaviour though, leave her alone, and spend time with people who appreciates your company instead. Self-preservation. Though that doesn't have to mean you're not gonna talk to her again. Take it easy man. I wouldn't worry too much.
    Last edited by Zeen; 30-07-05 at 04:08 AM.

@TAVS: Sorry to hear that...hope you guys get back together

@Zeen: yeah...thats wot i have been doing...spending time with other people..the sad part is that i lost 2 of my friends over an argument a few months back..they thought i wasnt paying them enough attention and now this girl says im giving her too much attention

Its obvious that you want to be more than friends... and she doesn't. Just forget about it. You can't FORCE her to like you, or want to be around you, so just go do your own thing. IF she calls you up one day wanting to hang out, then so be it. BUt until she does, you need to leave her alone.

Go get a beer with the fellas.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDrum
    Its obvious that you want to be more than friends... and she doesn't. Just forget about it. You can't FORCE her to like you, or want to be around you, so just go do your own thing. IF she calls you up one day wanting to hang out, then so be it. BUt until she does, you need to leave her alone.

Go get a beer with the fellas.

I actually am not sure if I want to be more than friends. We discuss about hooking each other up with other ppl all the time. In a way, i guess i am trying to force her to be with me most of the time - and she said I was getting too personal with her. Maybe I should take a step back and start the relationship all over again.