+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Dating and HPV

Dating and HPV

So I've had HPV since last November, and I've been having treatment for the genital warts since May of this year. I still have them.

It's just a case of waiting of the genital warts to go, the treatment does help but it's only my Immune system that has to get rid of the warts & virus completely.

My immune system can/will get rid of this - the doctor's i've been seeing have reassured me that it can go.

So here's my question - would you go out with somebody who was still having treatment for GW, maybe even have a relationship with them?

The reason why I ask is that I came to decision that I can't just cordon myself of when it comes to dating.

Also I've only slept with 8 people so i'm no man slut.

I'm 22, so I've got the rest of my life ahead of me but I just wanted to get some opinions. No troll answers please =)
    Last edited by samuel2012; 24-12-13 at 03:23 AM.

Absolutly not! I don't care how many people you have slept with, numbers don't mean anything to me, it's your carlessness and choice of whom you sleep with would have me alarmed. You don't practice safe sex, and that is a big red flag in my book.

Honestly, I wouldn't just because I practice safe sex unless in a committed relationship. Even if protection was used, I wouldn't be able to mentally get by it.

However, that doesn't mean people won't. GW is a common STD, but I don't believe there is a "cure", just treatment for it. Just be safe and honest, and people will be ok with it. Also, wrap yourself up, be respectful of potential partners.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

No I wouldn't. 8 partners at 22 is a LOT in my opinion but that aside no I would never put myself at risk of catching an STD. I would need to know hes clean as a whistle
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

No, I wouldn't either. There is a whole bunch of people with this and herpes that band together to make people like us that wouldn't date someone with an incurable STD or who are laxidasical in there sex practices feel guilty. Sorry... they don't make me feel guilty at all.

I'm sorry you've caught this but what you have can cause cervical cancer in me. (not that you'd wanna go near someone my age but just sayin.)

Good luck... don't be discouraged there are plenty of woman out there that also have/had/will get so you're sure to find someone who won't care.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Ok, my answer would be no, but I have a question: How would you know that person has STD, Genital Wart, or anything like that, is it really obvious at all times? Or can you only rely on them telling you personally?

I would not sleep with someone if I knew they had an STD.
    Usually people do not even bring it up before sex. STD is just a risk assumed when people have sex. We cannot expect others to be honest.
    Your best bet is to not say anything or at least cover up the schlong. Covering up is common sense because it helps prevent the most crippling problem known to man - pregnancy.

One could say "Find someone else with the same STD for a partner". Yeah right. We all know that finding anything beyond meaningless sex is difficult. Jump through all the hoops and THEN hope they have the same STD? It just ain't gonna happen.