+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why would my boyfriend delete our 'romantic' pictures from his Facebook timeline?

Quote Originally Posted by kcydrebma View Post
    I haven't asked him yet, because I want to ask it in real life and I haven't seen him since sunday. But I will, and I will post the response. Thanks for all the reactions I got from you all. I just don't believe that if -worst case scenario- he cheats on me and therefore hides the pictures, he would admit it? He probably would deny it.
    Maybe I should indeed check if he hides our relationship status for others, that would be the dealbreaker for me.
    Well, good for you for waiting until you are face-to-face because doing that via electronic means would be useless because you'd not hear hesitations, voice inflection or facial expression.

I'd hope that you'd know him well enough that you'd see by how he reacts to your question and any hedging that goes on that you'd know what he is saying to you legit or not. *shrugs*

I'd also hope that if he doesn't put them back up for you, after you ask that you would heed that red flag and dump his ass. That is the point of asking HIM. To ascertain what you should be doing with him.

I'm really looking forward to hearing his reasons for hiding you and he together. Should be interesting.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    Hes cheating on you. I cant think of any other reason he would delete evidence of you on FB.
    How can I contact you your inbox is full

Ill delete now
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

UPDATE.
    I have checked his facebook privacy settings which said that his relationship status is only visible for a group of 20 good friends. That's not the worst case scenario, but not the best either, since he has 400 friends on facebook and a lot of them are single girls.
    I talked to him about it, and I also asked him why the few romantic pictures of us on are hidden from his timeline.
    He said he wasn't aware of that.
    His answer; 'The settings must have happened by accident and I have no idea why I have hidden those pictures. Maybe because I think I looked ugly on them?'
    I said he must be joking, because he really doesn't look ugly in those pics and facebook doesn't make those settings appear automatically. I also said that if he wants to keep his options open for other girls, I have to make conclusions and just move on.
    He got really confused, asked me if I was kidding because he's only interested in me and wants to grow old with me.
    He immediatly changed the privacy settings to 'all friends' and said : "tomorrow we'll make new pictures and I'll post them everywhere!".
    I told him that it doesn't feel right to artifically post a lot of pics if the previous ones made him feel uncomfortable. The reason he deleted them still isn't clear for me.
    Not sure how to feel/act now.

You asked for what you wanted and he's giving it to you so STFU, already. Sheesh. Unless hes' giving you reason not to trust him (like not being with you, not returning texts or phone calls and any other shady goings on, then you need to trust that he's trying to make you feel less threatened.

P.s. In future, tell him that you'd like him to post the pics you want and don't arbitrarily think that he's going to want every picture of you two together up. It's his page after all and he gets to say what goes up and what doesn't.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 07-01-14 at 06:41 AM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    You asked for what you wanted and he's giving it to you so STFU, already. Sheesh. Unless hes' giving you reason not to trust him (like not being with you, not returning texts or phone calls and any other shady goings on, then you need to trust that he's trying to make you feel less threatened.

P.s. In future, tell him that you'd like him to post the pics you want and don't arbitrarily think that he's going to want every picture of you two together up. It's his page after all and he gets to say what goes up and what doesn't.
    Wait, wut? I didn't wanted him to leave 'all' of these pictures (3 or so, not that much) on his fb, I wanted to know why he wouldn't leave them there. Communication is one of the most important things in a relationship, so putting them back without clearing out why he deleted them in the first place and not talking about it is useless. Only if we TALK about it so he can explain why he feels unfomfortable with it, I can keep it in mind the next time I'll post one.
    And I do have my reasons not to trust him.

Ask him in first place.

But do you get attention from guys when together on a street with your BF?

Maybe your pictures was drawing too much attention and your BF decided adversiment for you is not a good idea.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Too slow, chicken merango! (10 LF pts. to the 1st on that correctly gets the reference)

She already did.

I do have my reasons not to trust him.
    Then why are you still with him? Why do you even care what he puts up there if you don't trust him anyway?

Communication won't help anyone if he's not trustworthy. Staying with him when you can't trust him is foolish and a waste of both your time. Get rid of him and find someone where you don't have reasons to NOT trust him.

Well, not being their for the conversation, I cannot necessarily comment for sure. But, his answers sound very fishy if you ask me. It sounds like he just wanted to come up with something to make you forget it. I mean, to specifically have your relationship status hidden from all but a small group of friends means you would have to specifically set it up that way. I don't see how you "accidentally" do that.

Not to mention, in order to remove/hide pictures from your profile once they are there, you have to specifically do exactly that.... hide or remove them. It takes actual action to do so. Not that it is hard to do, but it requires you actually specifically doing something. So, I fail to see how he would just have happened to remove them and not know why.

Then again, maybe I am just reading too much into it. It is sometimes hard to tell just by what is shared with us. I wasn't there to hear his explanations. Still, I don't know. Doesn't sound very convincing to me. To me, this still feels like a red flag.

that reference is from one of my favorite shows, red dwarf the cat if I'm correct.
    Anyways back to topic, you should confront him on this, sounds like a bit of loser, a lying possibly cheating loser to me, though i hope for your sake its not as bad as it seems. Facebook is a strange thing.

Seriously. Isn't it weird how, in this day and age, Facebook is such an important part of our lives? Wasn't too long ago where if you said "Facebook" to me, I would think it was some kind of book with pictures of celebrity faces, or something.

Or maybe like a whole book filled with Wooly Willy type cartoony faces. Anybody remember Wooly Willy?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123