+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have I blown it?

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    I agree with everyone her issues but what about him? he's only known her for a week and he is asking to go away with him on the weekend?? Needs validation, been cheated on, paranoid, highly suspicious, talking about kids and marriage, meet his dad all in one week?Am I missing something here?
    She's wondering if she blew it so I've given her some reasons why she may have given him some red flags about herself due to her words not matching her actions. His red flags were already presented in the opening post but she also failed to see those and went along on the committment train full throttle.

As I said, they both are better off without one another.

I felt I was there as a peace maker or something. It was utterly bizarre and now talking about it on here actually accentuates the fact that it was completely weird. I also met his client too while I was away. God this just looks so odd. I clearly am really bad at seeing huge red flags.
    Do you see where your actions showed him that you were moving just as fast as he was? Most people who only knew someone for 1 week wouldn't go away with someone to meet family. Nor would they take the role as 'peace maker' when there has been zero committment made to one another.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 25-12-13 at 09:43 AM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

But I only knew I would take the role of peace maker when I was actually there. Literally I was thrown into it only when u turned up. If I had known they hadn't talked for 3 years etc and I would act as peace maker I would never have gone. Sorry I'm probably not making it very clear. This all happened on the night I arrived.

I thought I was going to a rugby match with him that's all. I have never been to a game before so thought it would be a great/new experience for me.

Anyway: Bottomline: You've know him a week, he sounds rather high maintenance and lacks boundaries. Stop worrying about him and date other men. Don't show them in actions that you'll do one thing when your words say another. You steer the relationship and if that's not fast enough for him, then he's not worth your time and emotions.

I'd not be adverse to doing background checks either if you've a history of being unable to read red flags. No sence even starting with a psycho never mind trying to get rid of one.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Jesus, a week in and already all this. Sounds like success is just around the corner on this one.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

I know it doesn't look good at all. I do wonder if he will fade out now after this?

You should hope he does.

He made all the right noises? Like umm, did he bark, flatulate loudly, snort, or...?
    Who or what are you dating exactly?

Yeah. He's done.

He should probably run for the hills. It took so little to convince you of the opposite of the way you felt initially and you are paranoid. This is one of the worst "qualities" in a person - inconsistency. Someone easily swayed.
    Last edited by toknow; 25-12-13 at 11:05 PM.

I dunno after knowing someone a week I thought this was a bit much?!
    Yes it is but you even going away with him within one week of knowing him is too too much. You are giving him the impression that you are okay with his presumptuousness. Stop showing him (them) in actions that you are okay with things you are not okay with.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12