+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Lost Potential interest, and Merry Christmas

Lost Potential interest, and Merry Christmas

I haven't posted anything about my interest in females, in a long time, but it occurred to me, this past Saturday.

I had a full Saturday, starting with "indoor rock climbing" for about 4 hours, then heading home to relax.
    Just as i thought i was headed to see a movie that night, as planned on Friday, i got an unexpected phone call.

It was a friend i've known for while, that i saw the previous night for a Christmas Dinner, which he asked me to tag along for another dinner night, after just sitting down for about 30 minutes, i thought about cancelled my plans with the previous friend of mine, and decided i would go see some Polish individuals, not expecting much ... as he even said, if it wasn't any good, we could leave.

I am a pretty social individual, and spoke to a few, and some i just had no connection with, and can tell which i should focus more on.

There were some cool males there, but also decided to talk to a few females, and only one caught my attention as we talked more, her interests were so similar to mine, and i listened more and more, allowing her to explain what she did and the type of person she was, and i admired that, and had some job interviews, and didn't know where she might be headed, and having one of them be 40+ minutes away i was fine with.

As the night winded down, it was her time to go, and she hugged as many people as she could, i just thought this girl was great, and asked if i could get her number, and she was okay with that idea, but mentioned she might be changing her number soon in a few weeks.

I called 2 days after, if we would be able to hang out after the New Year, and she told me, that now she also got an offer from Calgary, and i was happy for her in a way, but it also sucked, as i would need to keep searching, and don't want to interfere with the path she takes, and want her to choose for herself .... and it isn't so bad, because there isn't any emotional investment like dates, it was just a conversation for a few hours, it was potential, which i wont probably be able to experience, and wish her the best.

P.S. i will find that special someone in my life, just need to focus on my priorities, make new friends, accomplish my goals, and success will come.

I am meeting another Polish female this Saturday for skiing, but she's older and this one was younger, which i think is better for me at this point.

MERRY CHRISTMAS to everyone, let our past experiences, guide us into the NEW YEAR, and have those memorable moments, which will make us stronger.
    Last edited by Kromat83; 26-12-13 at 06:31 AM.

I experience the lost in potential all the time. I meet these good catches and they move away for a job. There is no way I am doing long distance again so it is unfortunate.
    A strong woman takes advantage of help she can get from people around her but she doesn't rely on them for anything

She uses logic and manages her emotions

She offers help either because it is a business transaction or out of kindness. It is never because she hopes others will return the favour or out of fear of losing them

She has her own mind and thinks for herself and knows that she has to be the one who bears the consequences of her decisions

i experienced Long distance as well, and there is
    always 1 person that misses those feelings,
    and doesn't want to wait, so they break up,
    so there is someone out there, that will fill that void.

Nothing we can do, but just to move on, and see what else is out there.

The more we worry about what could've happen, the more we'll
    miss chances of what will, with someone new.
    Last edited by Kromat83; 26-12-13 at 06:50 AM.

UPDATE : on Monday, I thanked her for the conversation we had earlier, and we continued where we left off by talking about how Christmas was, Rock climbing, various hobbies, our goals in life and what opportunities lay ahead.
    I also mentioned how it sucks how we wont be able to hang out, but she mentioned that there's still time.

I wondered if dancing is a consideration, she didn't really know how, but agreed to meet this Sunday.
    I've been doing it a long time, but just i'll take my time and so she has fun and enjoys herself out there.

First it'll be a lesson, then a social, and probably afterwards just go somewhere for a talk.

On Wednesday, after the New Years party was over, I called her and we talked about
    how we spent the night with friends and/or family, and wished her all the best in 2014.

I told her to sleep well and that I'll see her soon.

P.S. I feel very comfortable talking to this individual,
    it'll be a bummer that it'll end sooner then I'd like.
    Last edited by Kromat83; 03-01-14 at 03:43 PM.

Don't get too bummed out...you never know what the future may hold. You met and have clicked...that's all that matters. Just be friends while you can and see where it takes you.

We have clicked, but it is uncertain, and I'll be in the moment, but hopefully it works out in the end.
    I want to end on good terms and visit each other on occasion, as good friends, since there wouldn't be too much time invested and just keep in touch, as to how life is going, once or every 2 weeks.
    I'd rather lose a potential interest, but have a decent friend to talk too, even though not physically there.

No disrespect to your politnes and respect to women, Kromat but I think you should have let her know excactly how much you like her from the very begining. So that you could get as much as possible out of her while there was no distance or at least make sure theres no potencial.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

I am going to see her this Sunday, and I think she kind of knows I like her, I'll see how it goes and adopt.
    Well, knowing that she'll be leaving soon, makes me question how direct I should be.

I know I'd like to show her more of how I like her, but just the letting go aspect afterwards, would be hard to bare.
    I went through long distance before and it didn't end well, so I am being cautious.

If I knew she would be staying, I would express myself a lot differently.
    Your saying my method is wrong ? because i am playing it safe , even though I know that she will so what is best for her ?

She already knew ahead of time of that she had options for work elsewhere, plus not having dated yet, it doesn't make sense to risk her career, I am fine with whatever she does.

Well, Kromat I see where you coming from. Its understandable that you dont wana get too attached to girl cause you know ahead of time she will be gone one day.
    But excatly thats why theres nothing to lose cause theres only that much time left to spend together and once shes gone you dont wana think - what if I tried this or did that, how it would be?
    I think its just better to be unapologetic and express yourself to the full while theres a chance and when its time to say goodbye just move on and dont do long distance but focus on local girls. It could be good excercise to be who you wana be at the moment without making excuses for yourself or being afraid to make negative impact. Maybe this is the worst girl to make future with. But excatly thats why she could be the best girl to make past.
    Last edited by pcmaster; 05-01-14 at 01:34 PM.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will