+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Met a girl on holiday: is she into me?

Met a girl on holiday: is she into me?

Dear all,

first all, Merry Christmas everyone!

Earlier this month I was traveling and I met a really nice and attractive girl. I am not as easily attracted to girls as most men are (which is not to say I am gay, if anyone is wondering), which is why I was sort of surprised at myself that I was. It also means it was kind of special, hence my message here at this forum.
    We met earlier, but we started hanging out on the last day I was in town and we really hit it off. We talked for hours about all sorts of things we are both interested in and then she invited me to see her uni. There she introduced me to a lot of her friends and she was kind of flirtatious in many ways (she even told her father on the phone that it was none of his business who she was hanging out with). We had dinner and took a walk afterwards, so everything seemed to be going fine. However, at some moments she also seemed a bit distant, in the sense that she did not reciprocate me breaking the 'touch barrier' and the end she gave me a handshake (although somewhat awkwardly, in my view).
    Naturally, we exchanged emails afterwards, but in the emails she seems to be interested still. For example, she finishes the messages with 'hugs' and she also recently stated that she wants me to send pictures of myself, because she is slowly forgetting what I look like (which to me sounds logical since we hung out only for one day, really).

What do you think? On the one hand, she seems interested, but on the other she is sort of distant. And it is harder to gauge her interest, now that we only communicate through email.

Any thoughts are appreciated!

Thanks alot!

How many km apart are you?

It's possible you were TOO touchy feely and it creeped her out. Suggest another date (no hanging out but an actual date) and see how she responds. If she bails on you with excuses, she just plopped you into the friends zone....

Tip: never show her how eager you are, just act distant and a little aloof, and chill. Let her earn your attention.

I think she likes you, but is just taking it slow. You seem like a good guy but maybe she wants to take it even slower than you would think. I'd say definitely keep talking and getting to know one another. Give it a few dates or a few weeks and see if things change. Whether or not they do, it seems like you'd have more to go off of by then. Seems too early to tell at this point.

My posts seem to disappear.... apparently the moderator has to approve it or something?

If you start duplicate threads yes they will delete them. There is no duplicate threads allowed. It bumps other threads down and it isn't fair to those need help too.

Or sometimes they do maintenance on the site and post don't show for a bit.

Okay, because it seems like every time I reply, it doesn't show up....only small replies work apparently....