+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How much was your engagement ring?

How much was your engagement ring?

For the women out there who got their engagement ring or men who bought their SO one, how much was it?
    A strong woman takes advantage of help she can get from people around her but she doesn't rely on them for anything

She uses logic and manages her emotions

She offers help either because it is a business transaction or out of kindness. It is never because she hopes others will return the favour or out of fear of losing them

She has her own mind and thinks for herself and knows that she has to be the one who bears the consequences of her decisions

Why do you want to know?

The cost of the ring shouldn't be an issue. But it should be of a style that she likes & fit into your mutual lifestyle.

My brother spent almost nine thousand dollars on one of those bridal packages for his fiance... :S The saleswoman even tried getting him to buy a lesser expensive one which she told him she could cut to look almost exactly identical...but he still went with the more expensive one. :S

If Dave and I make it to marriage, I hope he doesn't spend that much... Hell, I'm good with a paperclip bent around into the shape of a ring.

Here is a link that can help. http://engagementringcalculator.com/ring-calculator/

A couple of thousand dollars( so probably 2-3000), he never would give me the exact amount on it not that I really asked he said on his own what it about cost him and when we broke up I offered to pay half for it, hahahahaha and he said no he'd eat the cost. Hm. Whatever. I gave it back.

$500 for the both of us

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Here is a link that can help. http://engagementringcalculator.com/ring-calculator/
    What an interesting site. Not sure why some of those questions are relevant to the cost but it was pretty accurate. It gave me a # very close to what DH spent. lol

Oh so you are a wildcat in bed eh? lol

I haven't bought one yet but I would ask what they liked and go off that and buy what I could afford that was nice enough can always update a ring on an anniversary when you are more financially set.
    I wouldn't spend over 2000 dollars and if I could get one nice for cheaper I would, it isn't how much the damn ring costs it about how much the person loves you to buy you one in the first place the ring is a token of love and shouldn't be based on monetary worth IMO.