+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I met this girl I liked, shes a lesbian, but I still have feelings for her?

I met this girl I liked, shes a lesbian, but I still have feelings for her?

So, I'm 22, a straight guy, and I recently met this girl who likes to game and stuff in this work placement program for the last 2 months, and we'd have class everyday for 2 weeks, then, we'd start the actual work experience after the 2 weeks of classes. Every friday of every week, we'd meet back together as a group to have class again. At first, we didn't have much to talk about, but then, within the 2 weeks and so on, we started talking to each other. It wasn't until later on that I realized she was actually a lesbian, which made me feel kinda let down, cauase I really liked her, and I didn't realize when she mentioned her girl friend, I didn't think she really meant she was her "girlfriend". But I still remained good friends with her, regardless, and we even have each other on facebook. I honestly really liked her for who she was, and when I saw her facebook status saying a customer made her cry at work, I was really concerned about her. She was just different than most of the other girls. I really wanted to hug on the last day of the program just so I could say merry christmas to her, since christmas was almost here, but I hesitated, and didn't do it eventually, cause I wasn't sure if she'd feel awkward or not. I was this close to finding the perfect special girl. I'm currently still single, and I still have feelings for her. Should I still give her the hug I meant to give her on the last day of the program, or should I just let things be? Thanks!

I also know she likes stuff like battlefield 4, spongebob, zelda, and I even know her birthday.
    Last edited by DarkxAngel20; 26-12-13 at 06:28 PM.

".....she likes stuff like battlefield 4, spongebob, zelda......"

And you know, that's the really important stuff.

I'm pretty sure no matter what you do, you aren't going to be able to change her sexual preference.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Leave her be....your desire for her is clouding your judgement.

Even if it comes that she is bisexual, she will still have a strong leaning towards women.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkxAngel20 View Post
    Should I still give her the hug I meant to give her on the last day of the program, or should I just let things be?

Just hug her and dont think about it. Imagine if a a unknow girls would hug you - it would make progress even if you shocked. Good mindset is to be selfish. Like dont care if she likes it or not just do it because you want it. Thats how it works. Once you are comfortable of making uncomfortable others you can progress. Its just impossible to do good things when you are afraid of doing something bad. As higher risk as higher reward.

You think if you try something with the girl and fail then relationship is going backwards. Thats not true. Even making unsucsefull atempt is making progress. Girls like guys who have courage and going f or what you want is attrative. They dont like guys who they can control with their looks or make feel intimated. Basicaly once you touch a girl you are breaking the barrier and shes comfortable of touching you too. The same works vice versa. Just be comfortable with yourself and she will feel the same way.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

I understand that when you really are into someone, you become shy, and feel awkward about getting too close. It's a normal reaction. We all desire more what we can't have. In order to make this situation better is to stop fantasizing being in a romantic relationship with her. Once you get past it you will have a nice friendship with her.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    I understand that when you really are into someone, you become shy, and feel awkward about getting too close. It's a normal reaction. We all desire more what we can't have. In order to make this situation better is to stop fantasizing being in a romantic relationship with her. Once you get past it you will have a nice friendship with her.
    Thanks for your reply! I guess I just have to move on and just stay friends with her.

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    Just hug her and dont think about it. Imagine if a a unknow girls would hug you - it would make progress even if you shocked. Good mindset is to be selfish. Like dont care if she likes it or not just do it because you want it. Thats how it works. Once you are comfortable of making uncomfortable others you can progress. Its just impossible to do good things when you are afraid of doing something bad. As higher risk as higher reward.

You think if you try something with the girl and fail then relationship is going backwards. Thats not true. Even making unsucsefull atempt is making progress. Girls like guys who have courage and going f or what you want is attrative. They dont like guys who they can control with their looks or make feel intimated. Basicaly once you touch a girl you are breaking the barrier and shes comfortable of touching you too. The same works vice versa. Just be comfortable with yourself and she will feel the same way.
    I'll give her the hug I wanted to give her in the first place. Thanks!