+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My name is Narcissus, what's yours?

My name is Narcissus, what's yours?

I have it bad. I know I am not the best looking thing ever but feel like it.
    Not a day goes by when I do not hear a compliment about something with my appearance. Everything from "That is a cute top/let me see your nails/I like those shoes".
    In a weird way, it almost gets annoying.
    The worst though is i was with a gentleman the other night and he said something about how I was so beautiful and I slipped with "Well yeah I know" as a knee-jerk reaction. He seemed a bit shocked and said, "Did you really just say "I know"? I don't know how I BS'ed my way out of that one.

Here is also how bad it got - I used to date some lady and we did "sleep" together. When we were stripped down in bed, I was mentally comparing her not to other lovers but to myself. I thought, "I wish her legs and ass were as nice as mine..."

Is this level of self-love unhealthy? I know some folks like David lee Roth and Mariah Carey have it also.
    Always remember that YOU are the most important person in your world.

... Oh ffs ...
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion