+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: boyfriend of almost 5 years..proposing?!!!:)

Quote Originally Posted by BackUpOrGetStng View Post
    He didn't say this at all. He told her, when he proposes is not up to her. Unless she wants to buy a ring, get on one knee, and propose marriage to him..the proposal is his. As I said previously, I do think she should look for a new boyfriend.

I'll have you know the Neanderthal had fire, art, and a complex social order. This discrimination has to stop.
    Men are harder to convince, so you are saying this will help?? I think it will make them run for the hills.

Maybe i am overreacting and should just relax....not only that he must want to marry me because couple months ago i was talking to cable company about a bill that my boyfriends brother was paying(we all live together right now and split rent and stuff)..my boyfriend and i hopefully have own place by spring, we have money and all for own place but family stuff came up, anyways..so i was talking about switching bill to my name...and I refered to his brother as a roommate..my boyfriend says "he is your brother in law not a roommate babe"....Im like "okk but person on the phone don't care" lol

Ohh and also i did big no no..did not even realized i said it tell my boyfriend laughed!
    we were going out yesterday and i said "ok well your driving"...i go get ready..come downstairs..."hey babe..you got my phone..i mean my ring....I MEAN my keys!!.."....boyfiend says "your ring eh i know whats on your mind!"....im like "haha no...i didn't mean it like that".

Also does this sound like pressuring? ...now and then i make it a point that im his gf/wife...we will be common law in a year...and when he is sick or when i get money i make it a point that its my job to take care of him and to share my money like he does with me because im his gf/wife. Sometimes he says nothing..other times he says "maybbeee one day".

Im just pissed he knows prob expecting the ring this year for sure now since said that by accident and if he does have plans to follow through then he prob won't now because im expecting it.

I think he might be planning something for my birthday...he says his guy friends want to make a guy date thing in couple weeks and my birthday is Jan 16..which is Thursday..So bf says he told them as long as its not on or around my birthday....ok since when did he care about my birthday...lastyear i bought my own birthday dinner because i had a gift card..year before his dad..brother and him went in on a cake...and this year he brought up my birthday without me even talking about it so its weird....trying not to get my hopes up but shall see in couple weeks if there is a surprise
    Last edited by Forevermine25; 03-01-14 at 02:25 AM.

anyone on here?

Honey, we already gave you advice and opinions. Clearly you aren't going to listen to us, so why should we bother repeating the same things over and over?

Its not same thing over and over lol last two posts are different :s

You still haven't told him that you want to get married before you're 27 and asked him whether he wants the same thing. You should be planning for your future together - you shouldn't let him decide for you, that's just dysfunctional.

I could never see the fastination of getting married. Would rather have a Corvette anyday.

Yeah, I wonder about that too... why do some people want to get married so badly?!

Yes i have i told him between 26-27 i would perfer to get married and he said more like 27-28.

He knows Im expecting a ring this year because few months ago when he said our 6 th year..no maybe 10 years before engagement..i said thought you said our 5th year ..he either doesn't say anything or says we will see. But then couple months ago he started telling me to call everyone my in laws..nieces and nephews..when two years ago he wasn't really into that idea yet.

He is still confusing but he says only reason why he acts this way is to throw me off for when he does..Ill wait three more months and see if he follows through..like he did with my necklace.

Carry on then.

I want to get married so its official, Gf and bf is so highschool. I am not in it for the party or ring..ring could be plastic for all i care and we can go to city hall. My boyfriend is just the type that wouldn't mind getting married but don't care either. I remember we were going out almost a year..he said something how marriage is dumb its piece of paper ..and i said "well why are we going out if not serious then"..boyfriend says "well you can want to be with someone because you love them, doesn't always have to end in marriage"..but then he would start saying our 5th year we will be engaged and to just have patience randomly. So shall see....hope he doesn't change it because he knows i am expecting it now

How about *gasp* you ask him, instead of waiting for him to not change his mind?!

Quote Originally Posted by Forevermine25 View Post
    I want to get married so its official, Gf and bf is so highschool. I am not in it for the party or ring..ring could be plastic for all i care and we can go to city hall. My boyfriend is just the type that wouldn't mind getting married but don't care either. I remember we were going out almost a year..he said something how marriage is dumb its piece of paper ..and i said "well why are we going out if not serious then"..boyfriend says "well you can want to be with someone because you love them, doesn't always have to end in marriage"..but then he would start saying our 5th year we will be engaged and to just have patience randomly. So shall see....hope he doesn't change it because he knows i am expecting it now
    So, you still haven't sat down and had a discussion with a view to getting it all sorted out once and for all.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Funny how those that want it badly have a hard time getting it, and then there are those like myself that don't want it, have been proposed to more than once.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123