+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need advice on how to proceed

Need advice on how to proceed

Hi all,

So there's this girl I met last month in the company we worked at that I like very much. I was cautious not to fall into the friend zone so I read up a bit online and tried to come off as more confident and decisive than usual. I teased her occasionally when the time seemed right and she did reciprocate with playful slaps on my arm or body. Sometimes we did silly things together and she also did laugh at my lame jokes. And sometimes we talk at work or during lunch about our past or whatever topic we find interesting.

The bad thing is that she knew that my financial situation is pretty bad because I have a lot of burden to carry and that I am now saving the money to finish off the last few months of my university soon. Also, my mobile phone isn't working and I will have to wait longer to get a new one. She did asked a few times when I was going to get a new phone. And the last bad thing I guess is that I told her that I am sort of a lone guy with only a handful of friends.

She just left the company a few days ago and the only way I can contact her now is through Facebook. Before she left, I initiated a hug(which is not common like in the western world)which she hug back and bid farewell. I know she is not enthusiastic to meet again because she never talk about it. I am sure I didn't come off as lack of confidence, boring or unintelligent. Has it got to do with my financial situation, social life or I'm just not her type? What should I do next? Should I ask her out on a date and should I tell her that it's a date? Or should I wait till my situation improve? Please help me.

Thank you very much.

You should have been more confident. I know you find your financial issues somewhat of a burden but if this woman was attracted to you she would not have cared. You should have asked her out on a date when you had her in person.

You missed your opportunity to date her IMO. You should have asked her out a long time ago but you cock blocked yourself by coming up with all these excuses as to why you can't date her. People date penniless and still manage to make it work. 3mK is right, if she was attracted to you enough she wouldn't have cared. The only way to know if a girl is interested is to ask them out on a date simple as that. You over analyzed everything that's why you failed.

Keep your options open, don't focus on getting with this one girl. Sure keep some contact on FB but without being needy. Once you get your phone send her your number and ask if she would like to get together. Take it from there.

And ya here's a tip: never talk about emotional stuff, or say you are lonely or have very few friends.....that's a debbie downer.
    Last edited by smackie9; 02-01-14 at 09:51 AM.