+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What do you think about true love?

What do you think about true love?

If you loved someone so much and they felt the same,and you felt like their soulmate but sacrificed it to focus on getting their dream career, would you wait? Or move on? (His is a pilot)

How long would you have to wait for and how do you know they feel the same way? I think this is something you need to discuss with the person. Have you had a serious discussion with them? Are you currently in a relationship with this person? Because if not, how do you know that at the end of the wait, you will be suited to each other? You haven't written enough information for me to give you much advice on this, but I'd suggest sitting down and talking to him and then going with your gut feeling. If you think he's worth waiting for, then by all means, wait for him. I don't believe in soulmates, but I do believe in finding love and if the love is strong enough, you'll work out a way around the situation in order to be with the person you love.

Why wait? You can still date and share your life with others, then down the road when they are ready it can be a possibility. But who knows maybe you will actually find your soul mate with someone else. Yes you can have more than one soul mate....in fact there are many, it's just that you can't see them because you are wasting your time on someone else.

I think the last thing someone should ever do is wait around for someone else. Your time is too precious to waste.

Nom is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    What are we talking about here? A committed long distance relationship with visits and the lot or just you waiting for him? I agree with 3mk.

Some people are married to their jobs.
    But yeah, playing the waiting game will just waste your time.
    Always remember that YOU are the most important person in your world.

"Would" I wait? Hell no.

I'm not waiting. Wife is in school now, I work my ass off full-time, she works part-time, goes to school full-time and is also doing student teaching. We live in a shitbox rental house, we drive a 20 year old car, we've been to the movies twice in the last two years, sometimes we have to pay bills late... and we're deliriously happy.

If it's right, if it's real, then sacrifice for the future with each other is no big deal.

I don't like being ignored and not being in lots of contact when dating so that situation would not work for me.