+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Unsure

Unsure

Hello there loveforum!

I'm a teenager who is 18 years old. About 1 and a half year ago I moved to a new city, to a new school and everything. In this school I met a girl (I'm a guy, if that's not obvious) who I became friend with. In the time that has gone by we have become very good friends and know each other probably better than we know ourselves. So about 6 months ago I noticed that I'm in love with this girl, but I'm very unsure what her feelings are. I do not dare to ask because of the friendship that I may ruin. Is it worth risking our friendship with a confession? Or should I just let it be and go on the ''safe'' side? I'm adding that I am shy and unsure about decisions naturally, and that this is the first time that I am in love, so please do not go on about how I am a coward or so.

Thanks!

Tell her your feelings. And if she doesn't give those feelings back, just be her friend.

Quote Originally Posted by RipVanWinkleX View Post
    Tell her your feelings. And if she doesn't give those feelings back, just be her friend.
    Exactly what I would do - tell her you want to talk in person - maybe hold her hand and tell her what you feel. If it goes bad, just be friends... a friendship is worth more than anything.

hello, timeflies. If six months ago and know that you think your love is strong enough to ask him to start a relationship, I think you should admit it and try to see if you can begin to have a relationship how couples. If he says, do not try to find another girl who makes you happy, because you've met the girl six months ago is not the only one that exists.

Totally friend zoned dude. If she wanted you in a sexual way she would have been flirting with you and touching you at every opportunity. Just because a girl is nice to you doesn't she is into you.

Words of advice: both choices, to say or not to say are going to be hurtful. There is no point in being "friends" with someone you are in love with because there will be a day she finds a BF. At this stage you are preventing yourself from having a GF whether it is with her or someone else. It's a huge waste of time. There is no sense in hanging on if you sit there in pain over it. It's better to lose the friendship to see if she feels the same way. Just throw caution into the wind and say you are interested in her more than a friend. If she backs off, then you back off right away, and give her space. It takes the pressure off, she will miss you, and she may feel comfortable enough to continue a friendship. It would be better to just move on so you can heal.

Tip: don't wait til you fall in love in order to ask a girl out. You need to grow a set and ask a girl out within a few conversations. If you are confident, you will get more yes's than no's.

I'm not sure why all these people keep telling Op's to tell the object of their desire how they feel when he/she hasn't shown you in actions that she cares for you in such a way. That is the worse thing you can do. It will make anyone run when you put them on the spot to confess feelings back when they are not in the position to want those feelings or to reciprocated them.

Take her out to do something fun and move in for a kiss. If she doesn't reciprocate then you know that she's not interested in you in the same way. It's best to find out because you will only stagnate yourself from finding someone who will want you in that way as long as you're following around some girl that doesn't want you like a faithful family pet.

If she doesn't want to be your girlfriend then its best for YOU to Stop being her male-girlfriend as well.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion