+ Follow This Topic

Thread: In a club with his ex?

In a club with his ex?

I have been dating my fiance for 9 months. He proposed to me on Thanksgiving, and we are getting married in June on this year. I have never loved someone like I love this man, and I want to spend the rest of my life with him. There is only one problem, and I've tried to talk to him before, but I'm still sad about this:

He has been in a horse riding club for years. A year before he met me he dated one girl in the club, and they only dated for a short while, but were intimate. They are both still in the club, and now that we're dating, I am in the club too.

I am not jealous of the other girl, because I am confidant in my fiance's love for me and I do not think he would cheat on me or even wants to, so that is not the problem.

The problem is that after she met me for the first time, she started texting my fiance and told him to dump me and be with her again, because she misses him. He told her no, and that he was happy and to stop texting him.

So the problem with me is I do not like this girl, and it is a relitively small riding group, so everytime I go I have to see her, and I have to think about the time when they were together and I have to think about how she tried to break us up, and I don't have a good time because she is there. I would rather not go at all, but if I don't go, he would go by himself and that would be worse, because then he would be with her without me and I would feel like he is choosing her over me because he knows the only reason I wouldn't go is because I didn't want to see her. I also don't ever want to tell him that he can't go, because then he would resent me for making him quit the club he loves. I really don't know what to do but I am getting so stressed about it.

Stop with your insecurity before it gets you into some real trouble. Give him some credit here....he can have control over what happens here so why would a simple text be enough to jepordize your wedding plans? Like really?? Sounds kinda childish? If you can't trust him (and don't say no it's her you can't trust , that's bs), then you are questioning his love for you....and that is poison to your relationship. He only dated her for a brief time, so nothing was ever invested. He wants to marry YOU....isn't that enough poof that this girl has no chance? Get over your fear before it causes damage. just mature up and keep going to the club and don't let this bitch ruin your good time.

Tip: just suggest him deleting/blocking her number....I think that is fair.