+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Guys slow to fall in love>

Guys slow to fall in love>

Hi

Are there any guys on here that have been badly hurt in the past and take their time to fall in love again?

More like we are too scared to fall in love again.

I didn't know you could control following in love with someone.

Well, I haven't had many chances, being my age, I wish I had.
    At the beginning I was too afraid to ask someone out, and I had a little phase where I just didn't bother, and went on with my life.
    My last one only lasted 1 month, though we saw each other a lot of times, I feel for her, but realized it was infatuation.
    It took another year before I considered getting major feelings for someone, but realize it'll soon end when she moves away this February.
    P.S. I am not that great with who I choose, they always end sooner than I would hope.

Quote Originally Posted by bessieb View Post
    Hi

Are there any guys on here that have been badly hurt in the past and take their time to fall in love again?
    Why not ask us the questions you really want to ask - your current BF being a bit distant?

No not at all we have been through a bit of a rough patch recently with him feeling scared of committing and opening his heart to me but over the last few weeks he has talked it through with me and told me he's slowly falling in love with me and I just wondered if there were many guys out there who were just as scared to let someone in again.

It is scary to let someone in after you've been badly hurt, but it's nothing that doesn't heal over time. The time period needed to heal is different for everyone, for some it takes days, for others it can take years and for some even decades (that's rare though).
    So yeah, I, for one, take a while to get back into the game.

Thanks Archie, men and women are built so differently so it's good that there are so many people on here willing to share their thoughts and feelings, to help others.

I think it depends. I'm 32 and have been in love a few times and had a bunch of failed relationships. But, have I ever been hurt? No. I have never been cheated on (nor have I cheated) or dumped by a woman I loved. Disappointed...certainly. So, I am definitely open to and want to find love again. Yet, it does take me longer to fall in love now then it did years ago because I look for and expect more...that's just life and experience.
    Last edited by FlaCooln; 06-01-14 at 02:07 PM.