+ Follow This Topic

Thread: flirty friend who is married

flirty friend who is married

Or at least I think she's flirty. I'm not married, but I wanted to put this out there for the people who are. I have a female friend who is married and we do hang out sometimes, but not often. We spent the day together last week, just the two of us. I've never met her husband or anything, he doesn't know me, I don't know how their marriage is but she seems to be happily married. Anyway, when we hung out, she told me that she was sorry she didn't meet me sooner.

Like I said, I'm not married but I doubt I would be thrilled if I had a wife who said that to another man. Honestly, I wouldn't be thrilled if my wife spent all day and night with another guy, going out to lunch and a concert with him, dancing and drinking with him, putting her arm around him...because all of that is what happened. We click really well, and I would never want to lose her as a friend. Do you think she is just flirty or does it seem like something else?

I could have construed this as possibly being very friendly if she just put her arm around you, but putting her arm around you and dancing...? I don't think that's a good thing. It would be different if you were a part of her family (like the husband's brother and having a one time dance that doesn't last long and her putting her arm around you in order to take a photo with you), but you're not. I don't think this is good...

However, at the same time, even if she is doing that as a friend, it's clearly making you uncomfortable. So, either way, I would find a subtle way to establish boundaries. Be polite, but make it clear nothing will happen.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I agree it sounds as though she is crossing a boundary. Make her bring her husband next time.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

She's on to something. Look the other way.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I agree it sounds as though she is crossing a boundary. Make her bring her husband next time.
    OR, just get her in bed and see how good she really is.

Stop posting to OLD THREADS!