+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Blind trust getting the best of me again

Blind trust getting the best of me again

Hello,
    I'm having some really odd mood swings for couple of last days, which emerge from just another breakup. I'm pretty set in the right direction, so no words of someone, who wants to get back with his ex will be found here, but I'd really appreciate some of your feedback as I feel it'll give me some comfort and will be uplifting when i feel down.
    I've been for about 2 months with my new ex, a girl who was previously (and now presently) with a guy with whom she was for years. She cheated on him multiple times and then left him for me (should've seen it as a big red flag from the start and I guess I had it coming). We started dating after some of initial drama, which actually went really well (the dating). I really liked her personality, so I quickly fell for her. I don't know if I'm the best person to judge this, but I was very sweet and good to her, basically giving her all of my trust and was very affectionate towards her.
    She still kept contact with her ex (another red flag), but I told her that I trust her and it's ok, as long as she doesn't go overboard with it. One night, she called me, all in tears, with the news that her ex was hit by a car and is laying in a hospital unconscious. She was told this by their mutual friend. Being uncomfortable with it as I was, I did my best to comfort her, and went to her house at 8 am. She wanted to drive around the hospitals in the city, but I fortunately talked her out of this stupid idea. He wouldn't answer the calls and it seemed like really something bad happened to him. She managed to contact one of his family members, who said he was all right and sleeping in his house! Then, just as we got this information, he returned the call, and apparently, he was hit by a car, but was only unconscious for 2 minutes (this situation still seems mighty fishy to me, but whatever, it's not like it matters now + another red flag).
    Later, during Christmas, she grew distant to me and when I confronted her about this, she said she couldn't understand her feelings etc. So put up with this for a couple of days, but then it just was getting worse and worse, when finally, she decided that she wants to go no contact with me until the end of january (!) and then she'll tell me what her decision is (!). Until then, we were supposed to go to a new years party together, but I decided that it was better to set things straight with her. I met up with her and forced her to talk with me, cause she didn't want to. It turned out that she "still loves him", "can't live without him". As she later stated it, I was an "experiment" which was to determine if she was able to let go of him and be with someone else. He welcomed her back with open arms, which I must say astonished me.
    I don't want her back even if she'd crawl on her knees begging me for it, so that's not a problem. I wouldn't want to love or be loved back by someone, who could easily leave me for 2 months for another guy to perform an experiment. The main thing that causes me grief is that something like this happened to me. I have few really good friends, who back me up and are true to me, but I can't help the feeling of emptiness and helplessness caused by this. I would really want to meet someone good, who is not creating any of such twisted and sick games. But seeing life so far, it seems like at my age someone like this is kind of hard to come by. I know that there are girls like this around, but it's not like you can fall for anyone.
    I'll really appreciate some of your feedback on this, be it good or bad.
    Cheers, and happy new year.

Just don't ignore the red flags next time and you will be fine. It's worth the wait to find the right one IMO.

It was just a lesson learned , no reason to get all negative about relationships now.