+ Follow This Topic

Thread: he is ignoring me and i don't know what to do, we are meant to be friends

he is ignoring me and i don't know what to do, we are meant to be friends

i started uni in September and made good friends with this guy, who i did end up seeing for about a week. we decided to just stay friends as neither of us were really ready for a relationship as we had just started uni and both had other family issues at the time, but we decided to just be friends, although it was awkward for a while but it started to slowly get better.

two weeks later, we all went out for our last night out before the three week Christmas break. it was going fine, not awkward, he was dancing with me like he used to and we got left on our own and he kissed me a few times. i was confused, for the rest of the night he acted like he used to, all flirty and caring. however he didn't contact me at all over the three week Christmas break? (he was a little bit drunk at the time, but not a lot. however i don't know if this has anything to do with it or if he remembers)

Last night we all went out for our first night back at uni, and it was horrible. it was like i didn't exist, i could have been naked and he wouldn't have looked twice. we are meant to be friends, i don't get it. i haven't done anything? why do you think he is ignoring me and how do i go about getting the friendship back.

It can be any number of things, but the one that makes most sense to me is that, he sees you as more than just a friend and that's why he's forcing himself to ignore you, so that you'll hate him for it. Don't waste time thinking about him and trying to be something more than acquaintances, just let him go and do whatever he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by emmalucywalker View Post
    i started uni in September and made good friends with this guy, who i did end up seeing for about a week. we decided to just stay friends as neither of us were really ready for a relationship as we had just started uni and both had other family issues at the time, but we decided to just be friends, although it was awkward for a while but it started to slowly get better.

two weeks later, we all went out for our last night out before the three week Christmas break. it was going fine, not awkward, he was dancing with me like he used to and we got left on our own and he kissed me a few times. i was confused, for the rest of the night he acted like he used to, all flirty and caring. however he didn't contact me at all over the three week Christmas break? (he was a little bit drunk at the time, but not a lot. however i don't know if this has anything to do with it or if he remembers)

Last night we all went out for our first night back at uni, and it was horrible. it was like i didn't exist, i could have been naked and he wouldn't have looked twice. we are meant to be friends, i don't get it. i haven't done anything? why do you think he is ignoring me and how do i go about getting the friendship back.
    He's trying to let you know that he doesn't want to be your boyfriend but if you guys get drunk enough, he'd probably **** you and then go back to treating you like you don't exist once sober.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Either A. he doesn't want you to get too attached or B. He has feelings for you, so he has to keep his distance because he knows he is friend zoned.

If he was the one that suggest you just stay friends I would go with A, but it was you who said it would be better o stay friends, I would go with B.

we both mutually decided that friends would be best as the timing was awful and it just wasn't working, i came up with the idea first but we both agreed to it

I'd guess that he only agreed to be your friend because it was too awkward to say 'no'. "Let's stay friends" ' is a standard breakup line which lots of people agree to out of politeness but know it's never going to happen.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

B it is then.........