+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I'm Confused, I Need Your Opinion

I'm Confused, I Need Your Opinion

Hey guys and gals, I apologize in advance for the long post, but I wanted to put my mind at ease with your help.

I'm currently attending school at my local University and this past fall semester, there was this one girl I have fallen for. Her and I shared 4 classes together. I really didn't noticed her until she had approached me multiple times in one of our class. One time, I was sitting on an empty table and all of a sudden, she sat next to me. The most prominent encounter that I remember was when she was walking in the hallway along with her friend. As she walked past by, we have actually locked eyes, and I turned away. On this day, she again approached me and asked if I knew how to turn on the computer that was located near my table. We had a small talk, but the thing that gets me, after I had told her that I too would need to use a computer, she immediately turned on the computer right besides her and told me that "I'll turn this on for you." One night, I decided to man up and approach her myself. I introduced myself properly to her because those encounters that she had initiated, I never got the chance to tell her my name nor ask for her name. As soon as she told me her name, I told her that she has a lovely name. She was smiling throughout out whole conversation. The next day and the following day, she was trying so hard to ignore me. Today, as she went pass me, she was literally walking fast just so she could get away from me as fast as possible. I'm really confuse on what I did wrong. Also prior to today's event, I emailed her if we could possibly hang out to get to know each other. She didnt reply to that. Then, after the finals, I wrote her another e-mail to have a closure per se. This is how the conversation went:

Me:Hi again, I have a feeling that I may had said or did something wrong during our last conversation, although I couldn't figure out what it was. I truly apologize if I had offended you in any way; it was never my intention to do so. I truly am happy that I get to meet you in our class(es). Those conversations that we had in Micro, even if they were brief, were what made this year memorable for me. To tell you the truth, I haven't gone this far to anyone else before. If there are things that are troubling you that I am not aware of, know that I am here to listen. I wish you the best and I hope you attain all your goals. I didn't have the chance to tell you this, but you have the unique qualities that every women wish they had. Those are the reason I. Sorry to bother! and I promise this will be my last e-mail. This way, somehow, will give me a peace of mind.

This is her reply: "No worries (my name) -- you did nothing wrong! lol. I'll be busy doing research and studying for the MCAT this winter break -- I already have my study plan scheduled out D: so I didn't want to hurt your feelings in telling you I don't really have time to spare. Please don't feel bad lol. Hopefully I'll see you next semester!!"

What do you guys and gals think? Should I move on or continue my pursuit?

i'd say move on. you might have misinterpreted her friendliness for flirting, which happens a lot, sometimes it's hard to tell the difference because some girls are just really nice and a bit flirty. she gave you a pretty decent answer, tried not to hurt your feelings too much, so i'd say you got away fairly well.
    one word of advice, from experience, is don't just flat out spill how you feel in in email (or in person for that matter) to girls you barely know. it's not worth putting yourself out there, and in most cases it can actually be less attractive, even though romantic comedies would make you think otherwise. i know it can sometimes be hard to keep your feelings to your self, since social convention basically teaches us to bottle it up inside, but try to make a batter assessment when you should do it, and when not. just to spare yourself the grief.

Yeah. And? What's the issue here? She's in love with her MCAT.

There used to be a time when people fell in love, built their lives and then helped each other achieve their dreams. Now the government is everyone's vicarious spouse.

So lose her. She's chosen her path. Stop waisting your time on her. I know a dude right now who is 45 years old and desperately needs to move so that he can get some business started. What is he doing? Rotting away on the couch day after day living off of his stupid wife's university stipend while she takes her sweet little time of like 10 or 11 years getting her precious little PHD in social work and friggin women's studies of all things--an utterly useless field in the first place. You really want to end up like that? He's been 'helping her' pursue her career since he was 34! Not only that, but she took a plane up to see her family for the holidays and didn't even spend Christmas or New Year's with him.

LEAVE, DUDE! Run away! I mean get the blazes out of there ASAP! Free bird, fly!
    Last edited by anastasis; 08-01-14 at 05:39 PM.

Like They^^^^ Said,

It's Time To Move On. Don't Give Up Completely, So If You See Her Around Campus Then Give Her A Smile Or A Wave And Walk On. Not Worth Waiting On A Girl Who Is More Focused On Her TEST. If You Start To Talk More, Then You Can Go From There. As Of Right Now, I'd Say To Search Elsewhere And She If She Comes To You, Then Decide If You Want To Spend Your Time On Her.