+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is this her way of flirting maybe?

Is this her way of flirting maybe?

My crush texted me yesterday at 7:30 am out of the blue! Of course I was sleep so I replied as soon as i woke up we talked for a few hours, the conversation was going great then she suddenly stopped replying. I texted her the next day b/c I want to see her before we both start school again and I got no reply at all. Its driving me crazy thinking that she may have saw the message but didn't have enough courtesy to at least tell me no so I can go do other things. Does she know what she is doing and how its making me feel? We both USED to like each other, is she maybe playing hard to get?

Quote Originally Posted by Terrence M. View Post
    My crush texted me yesterday at 7:30 am out of the blue! Of course I was sleep so I replied as soon as i woke up we talked for a few hours, the conversation was going great then she suddenly stopped replying. I texted her the next day b/c I want to see her before we both start school again and I got no reply at all. Its driving me crazy thinking that she may have saw the message but didn't have enough courtesy to at least tell me no so I can go do other things. Does she know what she is doing and how its making me feel? We both USED to like each other, is she maybe playing hard to get?
    I'm going to ask you a question in all seriousness.

Who cares?

You didn't expect her to text you, nor did you expect her not to text you.

If both were unexpected, and you did nothing to produce either response, would it not then stand to reason that the less you do the more you will accomplish?

I'll tell you what you should do. Ignore it. Completely. Go on as if it never happened.

Oh for Heaven's sake, why do people not phone each other anymore? It would save all this angst. It's not uncommon for texts to get lost in cyberspace..it's happened to me lots of times. And sometimes I simply miss a text and find them a day or a week later. Or I forget to turn my phone on and don't find out for half a day.

And for what it's worth, if a guy asked me out by text, I wouldn't bother. If he's too lazy/scared to call, then he's not my type of guy.

Perhaps she didn't get your message......but if she did get it and is ignoring you, you'll look desperate if you contact her again. Just chalk any embarrassment up to the stupidity of texting in the first place, pick up the phone and call. Sort it out one way or another.

Edited to add: this is not flirting in any way, shape or form.
    Last edited by basilandthyme; 08-01-14 at 10:30 PM.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

It's not flirting - she's just yanking your chain.

And get out of bed earlier - lazy git.

I'd say just call her and get the whole business over with

She might have been bored and just wanted to talk. Stop texting her and see if she messages you again but don't reply right away. Let her wait this time.