+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Depression, dating, and dealing with rejection from guys?

Depression, dating, and dealing with rejection from guys?

I feel like an unattractive loser because at 18 I have never had a real boyfriend or been asked out. I also have had depression (right now it's very mild) since I was a child, and I'm afraid that is why guys don't seem to like me. However, I've tried everything and my depression isn't going away, so does this mean I will never have anyone? My sole relationship lasted one week after I told a guy I liked him-- he asked me out and then broke up with me a week later, but I stopped liking him as soon as he asked me out anyway-- what's wrong with me??. I liked my best friend, only to find out he is dating someone else who is much prettier/happier/more perfect than I. Whenever I see them together I feel awful, but guilty for not being happy for them. I am actually quite bubbly and appear happy on the surface, and I am not socially awkward and have plenty of friends. I am actually quite popular, and I'm a nice person. I'm neither ugly nor beautiful; I'm average. Is there anything I can do to get a boyfriend or do you have any kind words that would put my life into perspective? Finally, I asked this guy out recently but I don't know how to clarify that I want it to be a date and not just a hangout between friends. Do you have any advice on how to do that without being too awkward?
    Thank you so so much for reading this post and any comments are greatly appreciated!

Love, Leila

Quote Originally Posted by leilalahiri5 View Post
    I feel like an unattractive loser because at 18 I have never had a real boyfriend or been asked out. I also have had depression (right now it's very mild) since I was a child, and I'm afraid that is why guys don't seem to like me. However, I've tried everything and my depression isn't going away, so does this mean I will never have anyone? My sole relationship lasted one week after I told a guy I liked him-- he asked me out and then broke up with me a week later, but I stopped liking him as soon as he asked me out anyway-- what's wrong with me??. I liked my best friend, only to find out he is dating someone else who is much prettier/happier/more perfect than I. Whenever I see them together I feel awful, but guilty for not being happy for them. I am actually quite bubbly and appear happy on the surface, and I am not socially awkward and have plenty of friends. I am actually quite popular, and I'm a nice person. I'm neither ugly nor beautiful; I'm average. Is there anything I can do to get a boyfriend or do you have any kind words that would put my life into perspective? Finally, I asked this guy out recently but I don't know how to clarify that I want it to be a date and not just a hangout between friends. Do you have any advice on how to do that without being too awkward?
    Thank you so so much for reading this post and any comments are greatly appreciated!

Love, Leila
    Pffff... You are alone cause you are too picky, i know you wont admit it but we all know that girls at your age do not accept anyone but that guy who looks like ****ing justin bieber, not a single girls should ever complain about lonelyness caused by uglyness, since that is the reason you leave ugly guys like me completely rejected... Its like a serial killer wondering why everyone wants to kill him... And if you got frends and you are popular?... Well... In that case you should not complain about anything at all... Since you are a girl you will get a boyfriend if you just wait... Its different with guys who have to do everything while you just sit there and look pretty -.-
    Instead of controlling the environment for the benefit of the population, perhaps it is a time we control the population to allow the survival of the environment.

Well that was a useless piece of advice....more like a stupid rant.

Anyways OP you are too up tight, and over analyze everything. What attracts guys is being warm and friendly. You need to be open, relaxed, greet him with a warm smile. Life is too short to be a pessimist.

To be positive in life is to love yourself, accept things that you cannot change and don't sweat over the small stuff.

Surround yourself with new, fresh, inspiring people, do things out of your comfort zone, explore new interests, get active in your community with charities (feel good stuff), and before you know it you have pulled your head out of your ass, and actually have some substance and something to offer as a human being. So get off your ass, buy a new wardrobe, a makeover, and stop moping. Smile! and be happy!

That was not an advice, that was a fact...
    Instead of controlling the environment for the benefit of the population, perhaps it is a time we control the population to allow the survival of the environment.

The OP wasn't looking for your pseudo facts, come to think of it nobody is. Words that obviously come from a man with a small penis.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    The OP wasn't looking for your pseudo facts, come to think of it nobody is. Words that obviously come from a man with a small penis.
    This is not a question forum is it? So i am pretty much free to say what i think is right... And i do not have a small penis... Even if it would not really madder since i never get to use it...

Oh I'm sure the palm twins have seen it many many times.

Oh I'm sure the palm twins have seen it many many times.
    U are clearly trying to put my ego down... Well it is already so low that it cant go lover... And u cant get me leave neither i will stay and i will be as depressing as i have always been!

Goodie for you and your misery. A perfect pair.

Goodie for you and your misery. A perfect pair.
    Im like a drug police and you are ganja smokers... Im here to drop you off from those flower fields and cloud castels you live in and bring you back to the cold and hard reality

It's only your reality. Your anti-psychotic medication for your delusions must not be working anymore.

It's only your reality. Your anti-psychotic medication for your delusions must not be working anymore.
    You know it is true, you are just afraid to admit it, you want to feed me and many other people your rainbow land probaganda that will surely lead us all to certain humiliation and rejection, im here to make people understand that its better to be alone than sink your self to the grim fantasys of people like you...

So this is what the voices in your head are telling you......

So this is what the voices in your head are telling you......
    Partly yes... This is also what i have expirienced trough my life... I am a living example... I make those voices true

Maybe the alien abductions are having a toll on you too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast