+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I'm love sick and I don't know what to do.

I'm love sick and I don't know what to do.

Hi, I believe I'm experiencing unrequited love. I met this wondering young man by chance on another forum, and we have a great deal in common. He was the one man who left me feeling excited - and as a result I fell hard for him. After exchanging many messages we decided to meet at a London art gallery (he at the time had travelled from his home in Nepal to his regular holiday destination - the UK). We had a great time but it came with moments of shyness and awkward silences. At the time I believed I'd found the one who I could potentially date.*

I didn't think *our time together went that well but he reassured by my sending me this message:*

"Thank you for an amazing day. I don't know if you got a bit weary of me towards the end or if you were just tired, but I really, really enjoyed it and towards the end found myself wishing that it could have gone on rather than stopped at six. It was really nice having someone I could talk to about art and I really loved all of the conversation we had. Thanks again, I really had a great time and I hope you did as well!"

We later exchanged a few messages until he left for uni. This is the very last substantial message I've received from him:*

"Actually, I'm flying off TOMORROW! * *Very excited. It's been very hectic, yeah, to the point that I'm a little ill (!), but it's pretty much all done now.*

I'll definitely reply to the rest of this as soon as I get the chance - thought that might not be any time soon, as I'm only planning to buy a laptop when I get to Shanghai *- but for now, let me just say how delighted I am to receive a reply from you. *I'm so glad to hear you've been doing well!

Talk to you soon! Don't worry about replying to this if you're still on your phone or in an inconvenient position."

I figured he was busy and was waiting to find the time to message me but it's been months and I have not received anything.*

I sent him this quick message 2 months ago in the hope it might remind him to message me:*

*Hey, *it's been a while *

I imagine you're very busy so there's absolutely no need to reply back! But I thought I'd say that I'm thinking of you and hope you're doing really well at university (both socially and academically).

Take care"

But all he did was acknowledge it with a "jump hug" emoticon.*

Was this all just a summer fling? Is he no longer interested? But then I fail to see what I have done wrong. He is somewhat active on the forum and occasionally talks to a few people.*

It hurts a lot as I think I'm developing strong feelings for him; to the point where it's uncontrollable. I think about him constantly, I visit his profile everyday (and when he's online I become gleeful) and I sometimes dream about him. He's so distracting *at no fault of his own. I wish all these feelings could go away and I can move on - after all the feelings are clearly not mutual. But as the days go on, my love for him grows stronger.*
    Last edited by LadyofLight; 09-01-14 at 05:52 PM.

I'm sorry, I think he doesn't think of you so much now and trying to maintain contact will drain you.