+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help in interpreting first date

Need help in interpreting first date

Hi everyone,

I really need help in interpreting my first date. Thanks in advance and appreciate any advice given.

So I went out with a girl for the first time that I like very much a few days ago and we had dinner at a restaurant. Initially our conversation was kind of awkward but slowly the atmosphere improved.

After dinner, I bring her to a scenic location and she seems quite impressed. We chat there for a while and at one point I put my arm around her but she retreated away from it while giving an awkward smile. I tried to take photo of us together but she said she didn't want to but she don't mind it if it was individual shots. It was really strange because I know she does take photos with many of her guy friends together.

After that I suggested we walk along the borders of the river which we did. We chat along the way and rearch a shopping mall quite far away. We went in there and continue to talk for an hour plus and then call it a day. She was always smiling while we were talking but I was afraid that I might get friendzoned. As her train just arrived when we rearched there, she say goodbye and rush into it. Our date lasted for about 3.5 hours.

The next day, she came to my company(she's ex-employee) to deal with something. We didn't meet but she left a small little cake to me which was passed to me through my collegue.

We didn't contact for four days.

How do I interprete all these? Retreating away from me putting my arm around her and not taking photo together seem like a no sign to me. But we seemed to be doing quite fine, I don't see any major mistakes done. I tried to be confident and insert in jokes here and there and made our time light-hearted.

Thank you.

She brought you a present and you didn't call her telling her thanks?! Pretty rude pal.

From your description of the date, it sounds like she isn't interested in you.

However, she brought you a cake the next day. Why didn't you at least thank her? And, cake or no cake, why didn't you contact her yet, if you are so interested?

I did thank her through text and she said you're welcome.

I did thank her through text and she said you're welcome. I didn't contact her because I thought calling her too early might make me sound too desperate.

Quote Originally Posted by kentan View Post
    I did thank her through text and she said you're welcome. I didn't contact her because I thought calling her too early might make me sound too desperate.
    Too early? You waited 4 days dude. If you like a girl....call her. Jeesh!

Quote Originally Posted by kentan View Post
    I didn't contact her because I thought calling her too early might make me sound too desperate.
    In other words, you played games. Don't do that.

Perhaps she's frigid but likes baking?

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    Perhaps she's frigid but likes baking?
    omg that made me laugh!

Just because a girl in nice to you and smiles doesn't mean she's into you. I'm guessing you don't have enough experience to read cues from women to know if they are into you or not, and when to make a move. Obviously she wasn't having romantic feeling for you and you not picking up on that fails horribly. It was a first date, you shouldn't be trying to paw all over her in the first place. Oh well it didn't work out, so what. There are plenty of others you can ask out. If you keep trying you will finally find one that feels the same and responds well to your advances.

As long as you treated her right...to me...thats a basis of a good date

Waiting to call a girl after a fist date isn't playing a game; it's giving both parties some breathing room. And maybe he had trouble interpreting her actions because she's bad at giving signals. Many, many women are atrocious at indicating interest.

That being said, I do think he's better off looking for someone else.

Shes into you dude. Dont bother listening to these other negative nancys. Shes just shy.

Keep making moves dawg.

Yeah I agree with not playing games... just be straight up!

Thanks for the encouragement. There seems to be some progress the last few days. She said she have thought about relationships before but want things to move slowly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast