I've had a unique experience, well for me any way. Just to set the scene my wife and I are both in our fifties and have been together for 37 years after being through life's mill after kids etc. we have recently re-affirmed our love. We are still very close and behaving like when we first met.

Recently we went to see Priscilla Queen of the Desert obviously and we were surrounded by gay & lesbian people. My wife and I always hold hands when we are out. However we kissed quite openly in the theatre and given the environment we felt totally at ease and without inhibition.

To open debate do heterosexual couples who are passed the first flush youth and developing an intense relationship feel more comfortable in a gay environment with respect to an outward show of love.

I am also toying with the theory that there is a higher level of a group of people who love to love before you split into heterosexual & homosexual. Hence I think there may be a link between heterosexuals in an intense relationship and homosexual relationships.

I am sorry if this is a little deep but the though intrigues me. I would be interested in some frank debate