+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My online love won't meet me

My online love won't meet me

Hi there!
    Just wandering if anyone is in the same situation as me...
    I've been chatting to a guy (online) for a ages now and really want to meet him in person but every time I suggest it he makes excuses or if we arrange ton meet up he cancels at the last minute, I don't know what to do? is anyone else got a similar situation???
    Thanx

Welcome.

Sounds like he's quite shy, or he just enjoys talking to you and not keen on meeting you.

Or maybe he's an old man

Maybe you're being catfished.

Maybe he's married or he's either a big fat greasy man. Could be anything, but he seems shady. Ages and haven't met? Move on and please tell me you haven't put your love life on hold for him.

Just stop talking to him altogether and rehab from the habit of him being in your life in this very limited capacity.

Ask yourself why you are afraid of commitment, why you find him so safe because he won't meet you so you continue on in the fantasy? If you were serious yourself about meeting, dating, having a boyfriend in real life, you'd never tolerate a man that flakes constantly on you. Think about THAT!
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

What to do? I can't see there's any other option than to accept that he's a pen-pal only and doesn't want to meet in real life.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Hey im in a long distance relationship as well, first of any couples talking online eventually you guys need to meet bec. even though how much strong you feel towards him or vice versa, you have to take your relationship into the next level and make it real. When my boyfriend told me he loves me on an instant message before i told him that if he really loves me then he needs to meet me and get to know me personally not just on chat and skype dates, the day after that he bought plane ticket, asked for a week off from work and traveled thousands miles a way to see me. If he is really serious about you he will be dreaming of holding you in person and be around you. In your case i dont think your chat-mate isnt really that serious about this dating online thing or there is something he is hiding.
    " Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future and we are all in the middle"

Quote Originally Posted by sarahjayne View Post
    Hi there!
    but every time I suggest it he makes excuses or if we arrange ton meet up he cancels at the last minute, I don't know what to do?Thanx
    Tell him to get stuffed. And stop wasting your life with online bullshit. Go out and meet people in what old farts such as myself refer to as 'the real world'

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    Tell him to get stuffed.
    Don't do that because he may just be worried about meeting you for the first time. I've met girls feeling the same way as him.
    I suppose just talk to him about it .

Quote Originally Posted by bob0001 View Post
    Don't do that because he may just be worried about meeting you for the first time. I've met girls feeling the same way as him.
    I suppose just talk to him about it .
    Bullshit. If the poor lamb needs convincing to even meet up then he's a waste of space. That's assuming he's actually who he says he is and not some lardy ass lorry driver 40 years older than you.

"lardy ass lorry driver" *laughing, laughing* lolzzz
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Sounds like a catfish.

Want my advice? Pursue someone in real life- not in the world of computers.

People who date online but then flake in real life - they are a dime a dozen.
    You can try but don't go out of your way for him.
    Next time you two make plans, treat it as a "maybe" instead of a "yes".

Also if you meet online, 3 out of 4 will flake. Nothing you can do but keep looking for someone.
    Always remember that YOU are the most important person in your world.

No sorry. When I did online dating, the guys were very forward and wanted to meet soon after starting to talk. Sounds like someone who doesn't want to meet is either confused on what they want or playing games and neither of those is good for you.