+ Follow This Topic

Thread: PUA - Pick Up Artist

PUA - Pick Up Artist

Hey, I'm new here, so welcome everyone.

I guess this kind of post are here in thousands, but everyone need a little bit of other help I think. Anyway, I used forum search "Pick Up Artist" and I found about it one big nothing. I wonder if it's worth to take PUA course or not.

But first, something about me.
    I'm kinda shy guy when it comes to approach to girl and talk to her. Whatever I do I'm very stressed, even if it's not queen of beauty. Girls see I'm stressed. As I read it's bad. And I approach only to few of all the girls I would like to approach and met her. On other hand, I play football and girls like to smile & wave to me. I'm to shy to smile/wave back. By this I guess I'm handsome (or anyway girls see something in me). I don't have any problems with going outside with any other friends on beer or some other activity. I only once had longer relation with girl - for 2 months, we met like 3 or 4 times (no kisses in cheeks) and talked everyday on facebook. When I started reading about PUA I cut that relation - I probably can't fix it and I'm not really interested in that girl anymore.
    Now I'm looking for help here, before I spend money on some PUA courses. What do you think about them? Is it worth? Or I will only loose my money? Or maybe PUA course is good idea, but before I shold try to do something with myself, because right now it's pointless. If PUA course is good idea, then which one should I choose? There are so many of them... Here is one of them: adf.ly/c9kgs

Please help me... I have to admit it, I'm desperate... ;/
    Thanks

Instead of wasting money, figure out a way to make more.

No thanks, I prefer true love ;d

The general consensus on PUA from those who have done it for awhile is that it's good for getting laid if you get really good at it but it's not a great way to build relationships. This, of course, if a highly generalized and simplified version of the truth.

If approach anxiety is your biggest issue then it might be worth it just for the simple fact that it gets you approaching women and talking to them. A lot of guys in your situation once they clear that hurdle don't even need any of the other aspects of PUA. The most surefire way to fail is to never try and at least PUA encourages you to try.

Don't expect any magic bullets or quick fixes tho - fake promises of these things are one of the major issues that I have with the PUA community. It's still all on you to overcome your fears of approaching and talking to women.

Personally, I would take the money you're thinking about spending on the PUA workshop and instead spend it on some extracurricular activity where there will be a lot of women around for you to get accustomed to their presence and talking to them. A dance class is one great idea imo - gets you up close and personal with women so you have no choice but to get comfortable with them and when you get good there's a good chance your social life takes off which will only make it easier to meet women in the future. I used to take salsa classes and it was absolutely sprawling with women, some of which were young and hot.
    They see indoctrination and they call it "morality", "professionalism", or "maturity" depending on the context.

Quote Originally Posted by AnAverageGuy View Post
    No thanks, I prefer true love ;d
    You think you're going to find true love by using a course to "pick up" women?

My point was to do something to garner some success and gain some confidence. Try the PUA course though, I'm sure it will probably work out well for you.

Good looks are as much important as money actually. In late teens been making more progress on pushbike with girl than guy with porsche.

OP this guy is just starting get popular. Seems very expensive btw. Look up Sasha Daygame and Kezia Noble. They have great bootcamps in London and all around the world. However those courses increase sucsess rate with women but they do magic when you are decent person already just need to overcome that shyness/remove barriers and limited beliefs in mind to present yourself better.

While some pickup artists teach just enought to get laid. Real PUA teaches seduction for life.

Check this out

http://www.loveforum.net/threads/856...ing-with-girls
    Last edited by pcmaster; 16-01-14 at 01:14 PM.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Quote Originally Posted by dickriculous View Post
    The general consensus on PUA from those who have done it for awhile is that it's good for getting laid if you get really good at it but it's not a great way to build relationships. This, of course, if a highly generalized and simplified version of the truth.
    Thanks for this reply. So PUA is good but I probably can do well with girls without taking them.

If approach anxiety is your biggest issue then it might be worth it just for the simple fact that it gets you approaching women and talking to them. A lot of guys in your situation once they clear that hurdle don't even need any of the other aspects of PUA. The most surefire way to fail is to never try and at least PUA encourages you to try.
    Well, as I wrote, I only once had longer relation with girl. And it failed. So approaching is bad. Can't really say how it will work later, when I fix my problem with approach.

Don't expect any magic bullets or quick fixes tho - fake promises of these things are one of the major issues that I have with the PUA community. It's still all on you to overcome your fears of approaching and talking to women.
    Yea, I thought about that. So maybe could you give me some advises how to make this fear as low as possible or even get rid of it?

Personally, I would take the money you're thinking about spending on the PUA workshop and instead spend it on some extracurricular activity where there will be a lot of women around for you to get accustomed to their presence and talking to them. A dance class is one great idea imo - gets you up close and personal with women so you have no choice but to get comfortable with them and when you get good there's a good chance your social life takes off which will only make it easier to meet women in the future. I used to take salsa classes and it was absolutely sprawling with women, some of which were young and hot.
    Haha that's a good idea. But I don't know how it will fit with my free time. Maybe I should find time. Dance lessons are also good from other point - not only I will meet womem but I'll also learn how to dance. And girls love to dance. 2 in 1.

Your post is very helpful but I'll see what other people will say. Basically, I need to do more approaches and if that won't work, then I should try PUA.

Quote Originally Posted by BackUpOrGetStng
    You think you're going to find true love by using a course to "pick up" women?

My point was to do something to garner some success and gain some confidence. Try the PUA course though, I'm sure it will probably work out well for you.
    So, course will make me confidence (of course it's still me who will have main fight with fear). And techniques in PUA courses are to make me find many girls, a lot of sex, but not really a true love? Interesting... I think I could use PUA to find true love, c'mon, if woman wants to have sex with you then for sure she must feel something for you.

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster
    Good looks are as much important than money actually. In late teens been making more progress on pushbike with girl than guy with porsche.

OP this guy is just starting get popular. Seems very expensive btw. Look up Sasha Daygame and Kezia Noble. They have great bootcamps in London and all around the world. However those courses increase sucsess rate with women but they do magic when you are decent person already just need to overcome that shyness/remove barriers and limited beliefs in mind to present yourself better.

While some pickup artists teach just enought to get laid. Real PUA teaches seduction for life.

Check this out

'loveforum link blocked in quote because I don't have 15 posts ;o'
    I'm playing football so actually I have muscles. Well, probably everyone who go to gym have better than mine, but mine aren't that bad, I can easily handle with people who never saw gym or was there once in their life. I'll look up tomorrow, it's late now & I'm going to bed.
    Seduction for life... picking up hot 20-year-old girls while you're 60 year old without money

Thank you guys, you're very helpful. I didn't expect so fast and great answers. See you tomorrow

Oh, one question more: what about starting relations using Internet - like on facebook? As I wrote in first post I was talking with girl using that so I'm kinda aware of it now. But if it's good way, then why not?

Quote Originally Posted by AnAverageGuy View Post
    So, course will make me confidence (of course it's still me who will have main fight with fear). And techniques in PUA courses are to make me find many girls, a lot of sex, but not really a true love? Interesting... I think I could use PUA to find true love, c'mon, if woman wants to have sex with you then for sure she must feel something for you.
    The course won't make you anything..it's just instructions. If a girl wants to have sex with you, all you can really infer is that she is sexually attracted. Doesn't mean she wants anything more. Do the course, and let us know how it works.

Generally, the whole PUA thing is just a way to teach guys to get laid....Usually these men cant do it by just being themselves.

Loved the show when it was on TV though
    Last edited by surfhb2; 16-01-14 at 05:55 PM.

Simple Pickup video is great, I laughed so hard It was so silly and stupid and still, these guys got numbers. Amazing how easy it is. I'll try this (in my own version, I can't see myself making so silly)

Okey, I decided to first try more approaching to girls. I'm going to force myself. Every day one girl for first week, then I will increase that (if everything will work great then even very fast and automatically). After 30 days I want to be able to start conversation with any woman I want at any time. I got point to realize. If it will fail, then I'll try the PUA course. I'll eventually bother later which one I'll pick. I prefer true love than sexual attraction, so it will be hard choice I guess. I'll let you know after few days how it worked! Thanks a lot, perhaps you saved me from being alone...