+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Complicated relationship problem?

Complicated relationship problem?

This guy I'm seeing who happens to be my friends ex-friends with benefits guy but now she has a new guy...I know it makes me sound bad but there's a lot to the story that isn't relevant anymore. It was definitely not them being in a loving relationship for months and then they broke up and I started dating him...that is NOT the case at all. but she ended up finding out because he posted a picture of us together which I kinda told him not to cuz I wanted to be able to tell her myself but yeah she found out and moral of the story, no matter how nervous you are about telling someone something...just tell them from the beginning (which I should have done but I didn't want to tell her and then have it not work out with me and him and then that would have been a waste) it'll make things a lot less messy. So yes, I know I completely screwed up on that part, so I don't need to be told that and I definitely owned up to it to her and told her I should have told her from the beginning, I will absolutely admit that.

This is where it gets even more complicated. I'm 20 and the new thing for all of us is SnapChat. I use it all the time and he uses it even more than me. I usually hear from him after he gets out of work at night and a few days ago, I didn't. I got a little weirded out because (I know this is super creepy) his SnapChat score was going up like crazy and I wasn't getting any so I was kinda like "Okay so you're on your phone but you can't text me?" Obsessive, I know. But i ended up just going to bed and didn't hear a thing from him that night. I opened SnapChat the next day and noticed he had a new best friend. I was still at number 1 and his best friend who's a girl (yeah seems legit I know but they really have known each other since they were very young) was at number 2 and this new girl was at number 3. I thought "Yup, this explains it." I was pretty pissed that he just had told me he wanted to settle down and now I felt like he was going MIA and even worse MIA with a new girl. This has been driving me crazy ever since. We went to a hockey game the next day and he leaned in to kiss me and would hold my hand and put his arm around me and that was all him initiating that so I thought clearly thats what he wanted but this SnapChat thing was still on my mind. He even held my hand the whole ride home. He also put a photo of us up together that said "Our first hockey game together!" He had told me two weeks prior he wanted to settle down with me.

I know I could be jumping to conclusions that he's seeing another girl but I don't think I am. And me and him are not in a relationship yet so technically, yeah he has every right to SnapChat whoever the hell he wants but I thought he'd have a little more decency than to tell me he's interested and then do this. So now that my friend found out, I was super nervous that night thinking "Oh god" so I could see why he wouldn't want to push the relationship thing and then the next day I tried to ask him what we were but I ended up phrasing it so weirdly that I even confused myself and DEFINITELY confused him. I just got nervous that because of this SnapChat thing, he had found another girl and he was gonna say "Sorry, I don't want a relationship anymore." I really just hate SnapChat haha. And it's not like I can go "Hey who's this other girl on your best friends list?" because it makes me look like I was snooping (even though anyone can see it) and if it is innocent, it's gonna make me look like an ass because we're not yet in a relationship. I'm stuck. I know I have to talk to him at some point and ask him "What are we?" once and for all but I'm so friggen nervous. He had feelings for me for 5 months, I highly doubt he'd just lose the feelings now that we can be together but I'm terrified thats what it is. I know people can suck sometimes but why the hell would kiss me that night at the hockey game then post that picture of us together which is clearly a couples caption...if he was just gonna go be with this other girl? Ugh. I don't know what to do about him or SnapChat. Anyone?
    Last edited by alyssamack90; 17-01-14 at 12:38 PM.

Everyone who uses SnapChat is an idiot. Everyone in this story should be hung.

paragraphs please!
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I think you just need to relax a little. It's just snapchat. Don't read too much into it. Also, if you can't trust someone then the relationship won't last long.

Quote Originally Posted by cleverusername View Post
    I think you just need to relax a little. It's just snapchat. Don't read too much into it. Also, if you can't trust someone then the relationship won't last long.
    Definitely true. I'm not gonna lie, I have serious trust issues. And that's just from previous relationships. I know he can be a little flirty so that's why I'm kinda overreacting.

**Sorry about no paragraphs!! I was just typing out my thoughts and then hit submit and was like oh crap now it's just a huge chunk of a paragraph.

I don't see anything wrong with asking who this girl number 3 is.. If you can easily see it and u guys like eachother and hang out I don't see why you guys can't talk about stuff like this. U do need to hve a serious talk with him to see where u stand. If u don't make it official soon, he may get bored and move on