+ Follow This Topic

Thread: relationship leading to friendship?

relationship leading to friendship?

can a relatonship lead to friend zone? I have been with a girl for close to five months now, and it is amazing!!!!! Our chemistry is unlike anything I have experienced before. But I can not lie I worry we might have to good of chemistry that could put me in a friend zone. Can that happen?

I suppose it is not unheard of, but I imagine it is not very likely. In fact, once you are in a serious relationship, it is typically hard to transition from that into a friendship. If the relationship were to end for any reason, it would be a lot more likely that this would result in you basically losing touch with her. I mean, I'm not saying it is unheard of for ex's to remain friends, it just usually isn't a good idea, and doesn't typically work out well.

But, if you are already in a relationship, it doesn't seem likely that you'd suddenly be friend-zoned. Not unless she were to begin to feel the relationship isn't working for any reason, and therefore wanted to try to be just friends. Like I said, though, it is rare that this would work.

The friend-zone is really more so normally a concern before you are in a relationship. In other words, if you become too close of friends with a girl, sometimes it is difficult for her to think of you as anything more than a friend. If you are already in a relationship and your chemistry is amazing as you say, that certainly seems more than just friends.

Either way, good luck.

Yes, it can... I was with a guy for 6 months, and he friend-zoned me last week.

So, OP, you have to ask yourself "am I going to allow this fear to be manifested in reality?"

Quote Originally Posted by moonpies View Post
    can a relatonship lead to friend zone? I have been with a girl for close to five months now, and it is amazing!!!!! Our chemistry is unlike anything I have experienced before. But I can not lie I worry we might have to good of chemistry that could put me in a friend zone. Can that happen?
    I don't understand your concern. How can having too much good chemistry cause you to break up?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Once you have "carnal knowledge" of someone, there is no such thing as "friend zone".
    Friend zone is when someone is never gonna have sex, well like a lot of the men here who post questions about their teacher or some chick they met on FB.

What CAN happen is passion and feeling fades and intimacy stops or slows. There may be a mutual decision to not get intimate but it will still always "be there". Sex crosses a line.
    You just cannot unf*ck someone.

Have you had sex with this friend? If so, you need not worry. If not, you need to get on it.
    Always remember that YOU are the most important person in your world.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    I don't understand your concern. How can having too much good chemistry cause you to break up?
    I think he means the old fear, "If it's too good to be true, it usually is."

However, he fails to understand that fearing failure itself only sets him up for failure right away.