+ Follow This Topic

Thread: i'm always worried

i'm always worried

always worried my girlfriend will dump me

i don't know why

tonight she was saying she is upset i got her a birthday gift. she said she doesn't want anything but I know she will like this gift

You haven't given us much to go on, have you.....

If she's going to dump you, there are likely to be signs. Things such as frequent disagreements, being rude to each other when disagreeing or her not wanting to see you often. Or if you've got one of those relationships which is described as 'up and down'. All these things can mean that your relationship may be shorted lived.

What's her issue with a birthday gift? Is she Seventh Day Adventist and doesn't do birthdays? I hope she's not one of those bimbos who says she doesn't want a gift and then gets upset when she doesn't get a gift.

You really need to tell us more.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

If she is like this then she doesn't deserve to be with someone like you.

Was she sort of jokingly upset? Like in a "Gosh, golly, gee! You shouldn't have gotten me anything," kind of way? Or was she actually legit upset? If she was actually upset, then maybe you should re-consider whether you want to be with her anyway. What kind of person would make you feel like crap for such a nice gesture?

Beyond that, has she ever given you reason to think she will dump you? If not, try not to invent reasons in your head. Listen, take it from me, I know what that is like. I have had very few people in life I can trust, and been burnt by too many of the few I could that I have a hard time trusting people. I also have a hard time believing anything good could ever happen to me. So, I tend to torture myself over really good friends, thinking I am going to do/say something that will cause them to stop liking me... or worse, just plain thinking there is no way they could ever like me at all, and they are going to just fade away like so many other people I thought liked me.

I have had to live with this my whole life, so I have learned to adapt and be able to logically scream at myself (in my head, of course) YOU ARE BEING AN IDIOT! I know it can be hard to force yourself to stop thinking things like this, but that is all you can really do. Otherwise, it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy, so to speak. Either way, good luck.