+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Would you go out with a younger guy?

Would you go out with a younger guy?

Afternoon all,

Im doing this course for the next two weeks and I have met this beautiful woman - she has doe some travelling, is a bit shy and I like talking to her.

Trouble(?) is she is 39 where as I am only 25.

Would this immediately rule me out and should I know bother to pursue this woman?

I know I am young but I don't think there is a proper age where I am classed as a 'Man' I just thought various principles etc defined it.

Thank you for your replies,

Samuel

It honestly depends on the woman... Some women can look past it and see the beauty of the personality as an equal. Yet, others? Not so much...

Me, personally, I would never date someone younger than I am by even a year, as it's too awkward. But that's just me... I guess what I'm trying to get across to you is that you won't know until you try. So, where's the harm in trying?

When there's an age difference, the connection between the two is key. From the older woman's perspective, my guess on the initial concerns would be:

• Is he interested because of her sexual experience, i.e., using her for sex?
    • Is he mentally and emotionally secure? Could there be any "mommy" hangups?
    • Is he interested because of financial support?
    • Is this a short-term relationship or one that would eventually end because of some reason, e.g., he wants a kid, and she can no longer provide, or he just wants some relationship experience?

Now, mind you, there are women who will want a relationship with a younger man just to feel desirable again, at which point, there is also use / abuse on the older woman's part. In this case, then the bulleted list I provided above should be thrown out the window. However, if you feel a genuine companionship on her part, and you have genuine interest as well, there's no harm in throwing it out there. An older woman may think she's too old for you, so she may not be assertive in her feelings.

Good luck!

No I wouldn't , all the guys I have dated have always been a few or several years older than me.