+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Miss the single life?

Miss the single life?

HELLO ALL!
    I'm in need of advice. I'm in a sort of long distance relationship. The distance is 3 1/2 hours or so. We get to see each other once a month or so.
    I feel like I'm kind of trapped and miss the single life.
    I can't decide if it's just the distance getting to me or if I'm actually losing emotion for this guy?
    We don't talk as much because he's been really pressed for time.
    Opinions please!

It could well be either. When will the two of you be close to each other? And when will he have time for you?

If it were me, I wouldn't bother with someone who had such little time for us to be together. I reckon the whole point of having a relationship is to be able to enjoy the companionship and do stuff together.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Thank you for your input! I'm going to be seeing him this weekend. But he seriously seems so much less interested in our relationship.

I say the distance is causing you to lose feelings for this guy. You need physical contact and share experiences together to build emotional connection. You two are basically pen pals...boring! Once a month, good god that isn't a relationship at all. Its not single life you miss its physical contact with a man is what you miss.

A LD relationship and being single are pretty much the same thing
    Always remember that YOU are the most important person in your world.

Quote Originally Posted by AnErin View Post
    A LD relationship and being single are pretty much the same thing
    Just as much as "pretty much" and "completely" are, too.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    You need physical contact and share experiences together to build emotional connection. You two are basically pen pals...boring!
    Thank you smackie9. I think you're right. I don't get to spend anytime with him.

I wouldn't do long distance. Your needs are not being met and its pretty normal to lose interest and get bored or fed up if you hardly ever see each other. Its not really a relationship at all. I would end it and move on
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Quote Originally Posted by lovewalks View Post
    I feel like I'm kind of trapped and miss the single life.
    Opinions please!
    Untrap yourself.

Oh man come on just end it. This is no real relationship. U guys aren't growing as a couple continuing on like this.

I think, in your case, the two may go somewhat hand in hand. You are missing the single life because your current relationship is not giving you what you need. And that is, in large part, due to the distance. You can't have any kind of real relationship when you only get to see each other once a month. Is there any forseeable end to that? Like, he is looking for a job closer to you, or vice versa? Something like that? Because it would be something I would consider bearable if there were a planned end to the distance. A relationship cannot last for long if you only get to see each other once a month.

I'm not saying long distance relationships never work. They are just especially difficult. A relationship as close as a boyfriend/girlfriend needs closeness, face to face contact, physical contact. You can't get that over a Skype chat, or over the phone. Certainly not via text message. Either way, whatever you decide, I wish you the best. I hope you find what you want in life, be it with this guy, or with somebody new.

It sounds like you're starved of communication... And that is what is pushing you away. So, I think you need to decide for yourself whether or not you can put up with this long distance relationship anymore. Because the more you drag it out, the more hurt he'll be if you leave.

You have the power. Make the decision.