+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Could this work?

Could this work?

I met James 1.5 years ago at work. We "secretly" dated for about 3 months. We texted/talked on the phone a lot but because we were on opposite schedules, we saw each other very little. Long story short, I decided to end it because it started to feel like a long distance relationship and I didn't like it... I didn't understand why he didn't spend more time with me. I think I made a mistake. I never stopped thinking about him and I know he though about me too. For the past year we communicated very little, mostly about work, until about a month ago.

He called me and told me he wanted us to try again. He told me he regrets not making it work with me the first time and that he misses me, etc. I'm very excited about this. He is a very special man and I really like him.

I'm here because I'm tired of not being able to keep good relationships with men. I want to do this right but there are some things I think could affect my relationship with him:

1. Age difference (he's 26 and I'm 32)
    2. I'm a single mother, he doesnt have kids
    3. I earn considerably more than he does (he's not where he wants to be financially)
    4. We don't want our employer to know we are seeing each other
    5. I would like to spend more time with him but he seems okay with just seeing each other once a week (I don't push him)
    6. He doesn't communicate his feelings very often so I'm not sure what he expects from a relationship with me

If I didn't feel this guy was worth it I wouldn't bother. The little time we spend together is amazing. I feel happy when I'm with him, and it has been a while since Ive felt that way with a man.

Why am I worried? I don't know if he's really ready for a relationship with someone like me. I don't want to be that needy girl who won't let him go at his own pace, but if it was up to me we would be spending a lot more time together and getting more serious.
    Last edited by prettyname; 23-01-14 at 09:08 PM.