+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to proceed from talking online to in person?

neb is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag

How to proceed from talking online to in person?

Hi. Here we go..

I can't stop thinking about her, to the point that I decided to write this. We have been in a few classes together at school over the years, but neither of us really noticed each other. I guess something just clicked, and now I can't get her out of my head. It was probably just me, but I could have sworn I saw her glancing at me a few times, I kind of hope so really. I decided to "talk" to her for the first time.. on facebook.. a couple of days AFTER school finished. So we chatted, and talked, and wrote to each other behind computer screens, and have been for the past two months or so. We get along really well actually, at least online.

I have dropped a few suttle hints to her, but nothing much. She has started the conversation a few times now, which I guess is a good sign, or maybe she just feels sorry for me. She's really easy to talk with, and she has a shy, intriguing sort of personality. And I feel like I really like her, but for the life of me I can't really picture us being together.. is that solely because of the fact we haven't actually talked in person?

Long story short, we are now going to the debutante ball together! So we will be spending some time together with the practice sessions and what not. Probably the best excuse you could get to hold hands I reckon. Should I wait until after the deb to ask her out somewhere, in case it goes horribly wrong and makes the weeks of practice and deb really awkward?

I'm not an overly shy guy, but also not as outgoing as some. I want to just make it as casual as possible, saying hi to her during lunch or something. But the dilemma I have is that we basically have no mutual friends whatsoever. This makes it really hard to approach her, without looking like ridiculous in front of all her friends. How do I approach this......

I'm 15 if that means anything. Sorry for the bits of info all over the place, if you need to know any other details or anything just ask. Appreciate all suggestions!

Duplicate thread.....

I have a friend who has this kinda problem before . I would say that a relationship where you only communicate via technology is not that healthy . You would need to man up and find a way to talk to her ,maybe ask her out somewhere ,find an excuse .One thing that you have to be aware of is a girl likes a guy that is assertive ,secure , and sincere .The guy has to be the one to make the first move ,don't be a coward .

Let me know how it goes