+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I fell in love but I think he hates me...

I fell in love but I think he hates me...

Hello, guys. I'm new to this forum, so firstly I'll introduce myself. I'm 14 and a girl, turning 15 later this year.

Last year, I met a guy that was the best friend of my best friend. I'm going to call him Tyrion here, though it's not his real name. We were friends in the beginning, but I fell in love with him since I first saw him. But it's not because he's handsome or anything - I mean, he's super hot for me, but my friends think he's ugly. And I HAVE seen more beautiful guys, but none of them attracted me as much as Tyrion did. - I think it's because he's so confident and it makes him 1000x hotter. Anyways, we pretty much like the same things - the same books, the same bands, the same games, etc.

But then, I started calling him Smeagol. That's because I have a replica of the One Ring of Lord of the Rings and he always used to take it from me and say "my preciousss" just like Smeagol/Gollum. But for some reason he got offended. This never, never was my intention... I was just kidding.

Then our friendship ended. We started to hate each other. But I still liked him. So I apologized, but we still never talked again.

This was in June of last year. Here in Brazil our summer breaks are in December and January.

I tried to forget him, to have new crushes. It worked for a while, I even dated a guy - but I broke up with him, because he wasn't even close to the hotness and confidence of Tyrion. Seriously, I was stronger than the guy I dated. He was the girl of the relationship. I regret deeply have dated him.

Last week the school started again, and he's still studying in the same school as me, though in different classes. But now I noticed that he's looking a lot at me (Side note: I've changed a lot since last year, I'm much prettier now) and we have a lot of eye contact. That's when I think I have some hope, In that second when we look at each other's eyes. He always seem surprised to see me, just like me. I haven't noticed any negative microexpression in him (I can detect them) It's so good that he's not ignoring me like he used to do last year. But we still haven't talked. He talks to other girls though. And that makes me so jealous.

My question is, does he still hate me? Or I can try to approach? If I can, how? I'm a shy person and I always get so nervous when it see him, I know he knows I like him.

Put on a smile and go up to him and say hi. A smile to a guy is an open door of opportunity so smile lots. Be happy and upbeat with him, and make sure you say things like, "I hope to see you around" or "Maybe we can hang out sometime". As for him talking to other girls, that is what you will have to put up with when you date a confident guy, so be careful what you wish for.

Don't walk up to him. I think he knew how you are feeling, as this act will bring humiliation to your standard. Just allow time to define all. I bet you he will approach you with time. If he does not, keep your life going, and with time another phase of love will come on your way. That is life love for you.

I think there is a book, which will teach you why he is acting that way to you, and as well the psychological reasons why you too is acting that way.
    Last edited by dinosteveson; 27-01-14 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brienne View Post
    My question is, does he still hate me? Or I can try to approach? If I can, how? I'm a shy person and I always get so nervous when it see him, I know he knows I like him.
    No he doesn't hate you. It was all a misunderstanding. If you say he is an ugly guy, he probably is self conscious about it, and your remark made him scurry away. It blew his hopes up to be with you, and felt you were just being nice to him, nothing more than that. It's possible he gets tossed into the friends zone a lot, and got scared he was in that position again. That is why I say communication is so important....if you had expressed how you truly felt about him the out come of this would have been totally different. Tip: never assume what the other person knows or feels.....this will only get you into trouble. Be straight and upfront.
    Last edited by smackie9; 27-01-14 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dinosteveson View Post
    Don't walk up to him. I think he knew how you are feeling, as this act will bring humiliation to your standard. Just allow time to define all. I bet you he will approach you with time. If he does not, keep your life going, and with time another phase of love will come on your way. That is life love for you.

I think there is a book, which will teach you why he is acting that way to you, and as well the psychological reasons why you too is acting that way.
    Which book? Do you know the name??

Even if he already knows that I like him?

How does he know you like him still? When you said you both ended up hating each other.....

Which book? Do you know the name??
    Be careful of spammers.......BTW your problem is typical you don't need a book.
    Last edited by smackie9; 27-01-14 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    How does he know you like him still? When you said you both ended up hating each other.....
    Yes but I'm always nervous around him. I blush. It's a bit obvious...

Not to guys it isn't. He could interpret that as something else. Never think subtlety works with guys because it doesn't....all it does is make then second guess what it means. Tip: guys are NOT mind readers!

Not to guys it isn't. He could interpret that as something else. Never think subtlety works with guys because it doesn't....all it does is make then second guess what it means. Tip: guys are NOT mind readers!
    Thank you...

By the way, today I saw him HUGGING other girl. I'm sooooo mad. Maybe I should give up? :'(

EDIT: Btw the girl moved out of the hug lol
    Last edited by Brienne; 28-01-14 at 07:53 AM. Reason: Additional details

Yep... as usual, Smackie's nailed it.

Subtlety is NOT obvious to guys - particularly young guys.

Thank you...

By the way, today I saw him HUGGING other girl. I'm sooooo mad. Maybe I should give up? :'(

EDIT: Btw the girl moved out of the hug lol
    Well maybe he is trying to make you jealous hmmmmm? Like I said confident and out going guys give others a lot of attention and receive it so this is something you woud have to put up with it if you were to get with this guy.

Well maybe he is trying to make you jealous hmmmmm? Like I said confident and out going guys give others a lot of attention and receive it so this is something you woud have to put up with it if you were to get with this guy.
    That would be nice! But I'm not sure, I still think he hates me. I want to approach him, but only when I'm 100% sure he at least doesn't hate me. How can I know?

You can't unless you make a move.....that is just the way it is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast