+ Follow This Topic

Thread: This sucks. Breakup and feeling friendless.

This sucks. Breakup and feeling friendless.

Almost 5 years together. We decided to take a break. Usually when someone hears that it means eventually breaking up. That's what it feels like now.

One of the main issues that pushed me to kick her out is her not having a job. I repeatedly asked her to get a job to contribute which she agreed to. I wanted a contributing, participating partner. It always seemed I had to "nag" her to do things. I hated who I became. I didn't want to feel like a mother. She knew I was about a partnership from the beginning. To be without a regular job almost the entire 5 years is a bit much even with her being in school during that time. It wasn't fair for her to just expect me to take care of 90% of the bills. I brought up what she would do if I hadn't been around? She would of been forced to work, no doubt. She said she was trying but she's been "trying" for over a year. Now I have credit card debt piled up unbelievably high.

We both still love each other and want to make things work. But she's doing the same things and she seems surprised that I am still somewhat angry. After a conversation last night she said maybe we should take a real break from each other. I feel maybe I should just let her go at this point. I can't force someone to work and contribute, they should want to on their own.

To make things worse my two best friends moved away recently. So now I am without my gf and the two people that would help me take my mind off of it. Now I'm having trouble just getting my homework and reading started. I am 30 years old and in school. I don't think I have ever felt this alone before. Not really having anyone to talk to since they seem so busy and I don't want to burden them with what Im feeling now. I know I went about things the wrong way many times but I just didn't know what to do or say anymore.

I wish there was at least snow near by to go do some snowboarding. It's been a really bad snow season, hardly any snow around here.

Ya I hear ya, one of my friends moved away and I miss her dearly.

U can have some of our snow! Come to illinois

This girl is totally not worth the stress she's giving you, kick her to the curb! You've already said that what you want is a contributing and participating partner - and you've been with this girl 5yrs now, so you should know, this isn't her. I know it hurts, but you'll definitely be better off.
    And I'm with 4 ratties, you can have some of our snow too!
    Hang in there.
    Last edited by seecrithiding; 27-01-14 at 05:51 PM. Reason: grammar

I feel pretty defeated. I really want to go buy a few bottles of alcohol.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by MissTheSnow View Post
    I feel pretty defeated. I really want to go buy a few bottles of alcohol.
    Have one for me.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Been there, man. It sucks.

This too shall pass.

Usually I wouldn't care for cliche comments but right now I really need it. Thank you to those who responded. I know it will pass and of course it hurts like hell right now. I tell myself there are much worse things in life but it doesn't sink in. It really is helpful to hear about others going through it and feeling alone. It doesn't help all the time but sometimes it does help.

KingZ I thought you fell off the face of the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by 4 ratties View Post
    U can have some of our snow! Come to illinois
    We had nothing here except on the mountains. Saturday I could have did some sun tanning in my back yard.....pretty dry, and warm winter here in Vancouver.