+ Follow This Topic

Thread: If he likes me, why doesn't he try to talk to me? =(

If he likes me, why doesn't he try to talk to me? =(

I first noticed this guy because of his courtesy toward me. Always polite, friendly, and gentlemanly - although really shy at the same time. At the beginning, I caught him staring at me for a really intense long time, so I took that to mean for sure that he was attracted to me.

Ever since then, a few months have passed and he makes no attempts to come forth with me. We don't come across each other often, so I suppose it's understandable that he hasn't had a lot of prompting... There would be some instances where he seems to be trying, but then changes his mind at the last moment, like one time when he saw me sitting by myself at a table. He walked toward me like he wanted to sit there, but then quickly walked past and sat with his friends instead.

I figured he was just too shy, so I started taking initiative instead. When I talk to him, he'd seem really nervous, fidgeting a lot, but he'll still maintain eye contact frequently. He'd ask a little bit about me, and I'd do the same. I try to give him opportunity to initiate conversation with me as well, but he doesn't take it... Granted, our conversations aren't very exciting, as we're both pretty shy... but why doesn't he just talk to me when he has the chance? Does he not like me after all? Really confused...

Because he is really shy...

But I've been so open with him =( What more do I need to do for him to make a move?

Why don't you make a move? It's obvous that he won't.

I'll answer your question of "what more do I need to do for him to make a move"? Nothing. Either you come right out and ask him to sit with you or you ask him to go out on a date or you let him just keep on not making a move. There is nothing else you can do to hint that you want him to make a move. You have to actually MAKE A MOVE yourself with this one. If he turns you down then you can get on with forgetting he exists. Ignore him looking at you from there on out.

Good luck, hope he picks up on the fact that you like him after you show him clearly that you do by inviting him to sit with you and/or asking him out to do something together. So far he seems clueless or uninterested whether that be because he's uber shy remains to be seen.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Agreed with wakeup. Ask him out. Or at the very least ask him to come sit with you or something.

These posts always sort of annoy me. If you are interested in him, talk to him, say something, say ANYTHING. I don't have too much patience for people who aren't willing to make any sort of effort to get what they want. You sound like you're resorting to the position a lot of women resort to, where they are either unwilling or incapable of doing absolutely anything proactive to get a guy. Even when they are really interested in him.

Saying "hi" or smiling at him does not count as "doing something." Honestly, he probably doesn't even know you like him...because you have done very little to show that you like him.

Go talk to him. Ask him out.