+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Don't know what to do

Don't know what to do

Hi there,

I'm in a rather complicated situation at the moment, it's a predicament that I'd love to solve (like most, eh?)

Like any story…. best place to start is from the beginning:

When I was a little boy, I had a crush on this girl. But I was at an age of 9 to 11. So, you can understand me when I say that it's not the age to understand those feelings fully through. So this girl, we played on the playground every school-day and one day she vanished and the class teacher told the class she left. I felt abandoned, and all I had from her was a name (the only information you need at that age too)..

After that, I proceeded a year without thinking too much of it.. then in high school, I started thinking about her again and I set out on a mission to find her. I went through all resources I could (Social Media, calling in favours, etc)… 5 years of searching, I had a lead (I sound like a cop? haha!) from someone about the name that popped up on a visitor book and the girl looked like her… So immediately I used this lead to my advantage and tracked her down through that.

I then found her, after five years. I couldn't believe it. I introduced myself, and told her all about primary and how I felt. She claimed she had the same feelings. We then proceeded to go out on a date. We continued seeing each other every 2 days after that. Then 5 weeks later, I left her home and 20 minutes later, via Facebook, I got a message saying she didn't want to see me anymore in the sense of 'dating' but as friends… OK, I accepted that. A few days later I found out she unfollowed me on Twitter and unfriended me on Facebook, OK. That got to me a little bit, but I didn't outrage.

A few months later, I was lecturing a training session. She was one of the participants I was lecturing too. We made little eye-contact during this, and I was happy to know that she was moving on with her life and she was happy… I thought I had closure after this encounter.

Anyway, now another few months down the line, I had an unwelcome dream of her. It's brought all these emotions back up and all the questions I had: "What went wrong?", "Was it my fault?", e.t.c… you know the usual?

and I don't know what the best thing to do is. I'm thinking about confronting her in some way and saying what I have felt to her face, to see if that helps me get closure? But I'm afraid that might end badly for me, and I'm also a bit of a coward in that sense. I always think about my reputation, and then I think screw your reputation.. your happiness is better and have an internal debate with myself… anyway, any suggestions as to the best thing to do?

Thanks in advance.

I mean you have to ask yourself why did she suddenly wanted to see you as a friend instead ,because from what i've been reading you've been trying so hard to find her and every girl would love to have a guy like that .
    On the date she might find you boring or she lose interests or she is seeing someone ,god knows why. I guess you missed the first chance but there is always a second chance , you decide . What you can do now is be friends or if you are brave and resolute enough ,you should confront her a tell her how you feel .If you really want to be with her you wouldn't care about your reputations or how others think . Then , if she still admit to you that she wants to be friend ,you should respect her decisions and start seeing her as a friend . I know it is hard ,but that's life . But if she gives you a second chance you better take it and use it wisely .

Keep in mind : When you are confronting her , try to not be creepy and annoying .

Let me know how it goes , Good luck