+ Follow This Topic

Thread: He is trying to come back. Maybe hes sincere?

He is trying to come back. Maybe hes sincere?

So most of you know about my situation with this guy who I was seeing. I took most of you all advice and blocked him so that he wouldn't be able to contact me. Well this past Friday, he calls me from his office phone so that I didn't recognize the number. I answered and of course he asked me to unblock him so we could talk. I reluctantly agreed. I just wanted to hear what he had to say. Maybe I was vulnerable because I've been so stressed over family issues. Long story short, he said he missed me and he apologized. We hadn't spoken since my last post. Then he said maybe we should take it to the next level because he realized he didn't treat me nice and he wanted to start over. I felt myself melting but I stood my ground. I told him I'd think about it. He's been texting me trying to strike up conversations and then he offered to take me to dinner but I declined. He never texted back until the next day, so maybe he was upset but then he texted back the next day and he seemed okay.

My question is, do you all think he is using me? Should I give it another chance because I do stilo like him. Is it worth seeing where it goes?

How many second chances have you given him before? And what was the result of those?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Normally I am always the one apologizing so I can't really answer that. I've never really had an apology from him, so this caught me by surprise and that's why I'm confused.

There's nothing to be confused about it. My guess is you break down and give this dude a second chance, and my guess is also that it doesn't work out.

Well don't go jumping straight back into it, but people can and do change. You can test the waters and see how sincere he is but don't go being a doormat.

I have to be honest I don't know your back story but here's some questions to answer yourself:

How far along are you with healing? Can you take potentially being hurt again? Is he really worth the potential of being hurt again? Has anything REALLY changed? What do YOU want?

Make your choice, adventurous Stranger,
    Strike the bell and bide the danger,
    Or wonder, till it drives you mad,
    What would have followed if you had