+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Lesbian problem

Lesbian problem

Hi everyone , im new on this board and i don't know if my problem can be post on it ,but anyway. Basically i am a lesbian ,now i am currently studying in Denmark ,i've been here for 7 months and i have 4 more months until i move back to korean( i am an asian) . I fell inlove with this girl ,she is a very nice , very kind person and i am not sure if she is straight (but everyone said so) . I decided to tell her that i actually liked her the whole time and i've got a rejection , and it was not like "i am not gay stop bugging around" but she said "she just broke up with someone which she has been going out with for a long time,and she said it was so sweet of me" .after the day the situation between me and her is very awkward since we seems to not talk to each other , when we see each other we smile. I don't know what i should do or feel . Please help me on what i should really do. Should i stop liking her and move on (that is not easy) or ...? And did i do the right thing to tell her how i felt.

You didn't do anything wrong by telling her, but you should respect her wishes and move on.

I agree with HIA. You took a chance and told her how you feel. How can that be wrong if it's how you feel? And, the answer to that is that it can't; you feel the way you feel, and that's you.

Honestly, I wish I had your bravery when I used to have crushes on guys who were straight (I'm gay). Instead of telling them outright, I hid my feelings for months on end and did things like anonymous messages to find out if they felt the same way. You told her outright, and I think that's very noble and brave of you. You should definitely be patting yourself on the back for that.

I know it's hard for you right now, especially because you care so much about her, but remember that there is someone out there who will love you for who you are and be able to return your feelings when you love her. Don't stop believing for a moment that she's out there because she's looking for you right now.
    It's hard, but it will be okay in time. *hugs*

This week had been a very bad week for me ,I've tried to act like everything is normal . When i see her i tried to say hi but she would just act like she didn't see(i don't know if she didn't see me but i doubt it) and if i am sitting with other friends she would just say hi to them and not me . I think she hates me now ,which makes me regret a lot . I am going to move back to my country in 4 months but i still wonder if it's wrong if i am still liking her . Now i just want to at least be friend with her , i don't want to be in this position what should i do?

IMO You shouldn't try to be friends with someone you want more then 'friends' with. You can only pretend so long before you are emotionally stagnating yourself from moving on. You're moving away in 4 months anyway. Just ignore her and only say hi to her if she says hi to you first. Don't waste anymore time or emotional energy wondering or obsessing about her or what she's thinking/doing. Soon enough you'll be gone and you'll much easier be able to get to the stage of indifference to her.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I hate myself so much that when it comes to my own problem i can't solve it . Thank you so much for all the advices ) I will try my best to move on

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    [...]
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker1 View Post
    [...]
    Erm...change usernames much?

dont bother with love if your moving far away in a few months

I cannot sign in with my old username

BTW , thank you so much everyone even though i really really like her (i wrote a song about her and blabla)i will try my best to move on.It hurts so much when you already know the ending and i knew at the first place that ,there is no way this girl will look at me more than a friend .